Not Normal

Y/N's P. O. V

-"You can call me Ian." The middle aged man said. (Picture him however you like). I didn't reply to him. I looked him up and down he was wearing a heavy Enforcer uniform. He's an Enforcer? Why hasn't he attacked me by now? -"Not much of a talker are we?" He asked. -"I don't talk to people I don't know." I replied. -"Well, I just told you my name. What else you wanna know?" He took the chair closer to my bed. -"How did I get here?" I asked. -"You fell out of the building. First I thought you were dead. That explosion would kill anybody to be honest, plus the fall. But by some miracle you survived. Most Enforcers would just leave you there, you know? Or arrest you and you'd be on your way to Stillwater by now. I saved your life." He explained to me. -"Why?" I asked plainly. He was quiet for a bit. -"I don't know." He addmited.

-"Now, I'll ask you some questions. What's your name?" He said. I'm still not sure I can trust him. -"You know I could still turn you to the other Enforcers, right?" He said. -"That a threat?" I raised my eyebrow at him. -"Well, how can I trust you if you don't trust me?" He said. I took a moment. -"Y/N." I replied. -"Thank you Y/N. Now, the second guestion. What's that on your arm?" He asked. In that moment I realized I don't have the metal plate that blocked my shoulder on, and my tattoo was glowing right through the fabric I was wearing. I got panicking a bit. -"Hmm, so it is magical?" He asked. -"No! No, it's....it's a birthmark." I lied. He chuckled. -"I birthmark glowing orange, and having a heat so high that you could fry eggs on it? Yeah, try again." He said.

Okay time for explonation I guess. I was born with a tattoo. Magical tattoo. (Again, imagine whatever you want. Just some lines and circles running down your right arm) First it was just a small dot on my shoulder but lately it's been growing with me. I don't know why I have it. But I do know that it's dangerous. I can set things on fire when I'm not careful. I've learned how to contain it, but not use it. I'm not sure I even want to. Can't imagine what everybody here in Piltover and Undercity would do if they found out I can cast fire. Vi and the others think I'm carrying matches on me the entire time. But the truth is I am the match.

-"It's the truth. I was born with it." I told Ian. -"And it gives you, fire powers?" He asked. -"You could say that....But I can't control it." I said. -"We'll figure that out. But for now. You should lay low. I'm gonna get you a glass of water." He said and walked away from the room. I immidietly took my chance and got to the balcony. It was not locked. I need to get back to Vi. Soon as I stepped on the balcony my heart stopped. The veiw, it was beautiful. I could see almost the entire Piltover from up here, and even a bit of Undercity.

-"You can leave." I heard Ian from behind me. -"I won't blame you. From that roof over there it's almost a straight line to the Undercity." He pointed out on some roof. -"You would let me?" I asked. -"I'm not keeping you here. I'm giving you a choice. Go back, probably get killed or arrested in Undercity and live a short and problematic life. Or...stay here. And we can work on handling your powers. I could tell people you're my niece, nobody here will suspect a single thing. I could give you a life you only dreamed of." He told me. -"But....my friends." I said with a sad tone. -"They think you're dead. And who knows, maybe by now. They're too. Sure I could lie to you and tell you all about how they're okay and happy. But you and I both know that's not true." Jeez, he's bad at this....But he does have a point.

-"So?" He turned to me. -"I.....I'll need something to cover my tattoo with. It glows through fabric, no matter how many layers." I told him. -"I'll figure that out.....But hey, welcome to Piltover." He said as he walked back inside. -"Thank you....Ian." I said and again turned my gaze to the city again. I'll miss them. But maybe it's for the best.....Maybe I can make the life in Undercity better even from up here. If I want to help the others I first have to learn how to control myself, no?

I turned around to face Ian. -"When do we begin the training?" I asked. -"Why not right now? You seem well enough." He replied. And so he led me to an empty basement. -"As you must've noticed, most Enforcers use rifles or pistols. Well it wasn't always like that. I still remember how they trained a melee Enforcers. I can teach you how to defend yourself, while striking so quickly your enemies won't even notice what hit 'em. Plus, you can melt their face off in the procces. Ready?" He asked. I stood in my battle stance. -"I take that as a yes. Strike!" He commanded. I ran at him and went for my strongest blow.

—Big ass time skip, years later—

As he blocked my punch with a metal shield an explosion was created all around us. Coming from my arm. He trained me well, and with my knowledge, even my tattoo grew. Now it was covering my whole arm. My pointer finger too. But Ian came up with some sort of glove that I wore when I went outside. It wasn't heavy and I could wear it under my clothes. It kept my secret safe. -"Wow, you keep this rate and I bet you could even break out of Stillwater by punching the wall." He said as he brushed his forehead. -"Thanks. But I think I'll use this as the last resort. Never use your strongest move first, remember? You tought me that." I helped him up from the ground. -"Good to see at least sometimes you're listening." He chuckled as he got up.

-"Now, go and get ready. Today is The Progress day, but you can call it your day off." He said. -"Wait, for real?" I asked confused. He never allowed me to go out alone. Said I might do something "stupid". -"You've earned it kiddo." He replied. Somehow, in his own way. He reminded me of Vander.....I miss that old man. I mean I heard about his death shortly I moved here. I never got fully over it. -"One more thing before you go. Stop by Councilor Kiramman's tent. Someone was asking for you." He said. I smiled for I know exactly who. -"Thanks Ian." I said and walked off.

Getting ready wasn't too hard for me. I got my glove on and just took more decent pants and shirt. White and gold were never my colors but I got used to it. The only thing I have left from the Undercity is my hoodie, not sure I would fit it anymore. But it's at least some memory.

—Some time later, at the tent—

Ughr, I hate these fancy parties. Me and my bestfriend always just sneak out and laugh at how everybody's trying to hide their boredom. Aaaah speak of the Devil. My eyes traveled to Cait, she was guarding her mother's tent. I sneaked up behind her and pressed my fingers at the back of her head. -"Don't move. Or you'll die." I said trying to change my voice. -"No matter how hard you'll try. I'll always recognize your voice." She smiled and turned around. -"Wha-? This was my best attempt yet!" I replied putting my hand down. -"Then you're terrible at this." She chuckled. -"Shut up." I smiled and went for a hug, which she happily returned.

-"Where's Ian?" She asked, looking around for him. -"Just me today." I replied with a smile. -"He let you go alone? Wow, it really is The Progress day." She chuckled. -"Yeah. I'm going for a walk. Find me when your shift ends?" I told her. -"You bet." She replied.

And so I went. To clear my head. I greeted a few people along the way. In my opinion. Everything is just the same here like the Undercity. People here wear smiles on their faces, but most are fake. And in it's own way, you never know who's gonna stab you in the back. Suddenly my peaceful walk got interupted by an explosion. Multiple explosions to be precise. I ran to where they were coming from, while running into other people that were getting away from it. It was in the docks. When I got to the edge of the docks I could see the airship it was from, but I couldn't see anything that was going on, there was a very thick blue smoke.

What if someone needs help? I need to get down there!

Heya! Sorry this was more of an informational chapter, it had to be done. That is why I'm releasing two chapters at once too. So you wouldn't miss any action ;)

Love, Nekdo <3