5. Getting Deeper

Her heart jumped in her chest and a huge grin adorned her face. "We're... we're friends?", she stuttered.

"Always..."

*******************

Regina threw herself on him, embracing him so tightly that Severus gasped in surprise. A deep chuckle escaped his lips as he gently wrapped his arms around her torso. 

"I don't even know what to say", she chuckled and laughed and sighed contently at the same time, her gray eyes glimmered by a few tears. She pulled back, her hands on his shoulders. 

He withdrew his arms from around her quickly and flicked his hair back, a devious smile appeared on his face. "Well, I shouldn't forgive you for running away but now I understand why you did this. Losing a child is terrible."

"It was a shame...", she nodded as her hands slipped from his shoulders. "It was a girl", she smiled sadly. "I would have a daughter."

"A very beautiful daughter I must say", he placed his hand on top of the couch's back, right above her. His torso turned to her side. "Bright blonde hair cause of Malfoy's DNA and gray eyes like yourself."

"Plus, she would definitely be a Slytherin", she added with a faint smile. 

"Regina", Severus let out a short sigh. "This conversation will only make you feel worse. We better stop."

"You're right", she nodded relieved. "So, about before..."

"What happened with Karkaroff?", he questioned bluntly. 

"He was mad because I kept ignoring him and he lashed out", she simply stated. 

"And?"

"And he threatened me that when the Dark Lord returns he will deliver me to him in pieces", she responded. 

"I would like to see him trying", Severus arched an eyebrow then stood up. "Would you like a glass or firewhiskey?"

"Yes, please."

Severus disappeared in the kitchen and Regina pulled herself up from the couch. She removed her high heels and her robes. The long, black dress she was wearing underneath was simple but elegant. She grabbed the pillows and the cushions from the couch and spread them in front of the lit fireplace. When Severus returned from the kitchen she had already settled on the soft pillows before the fire. He smirked as he joined her, his back though against the side of the armchair. 

Regina took the glass from his extended hand. "Thank you."

Severus sipped his own drink and placed it on the floor as he also removed his robes. The white collared shirt was still visible underneath the unbuttoned high collar of the black jacket.

"You still wearing high heels", he pointed out as he glanced toward the abandoned pair of shoes next to the couch. 

"You know I love the sound of the heels on the ground", she smiled as she sipped the firewhiskey. The dark liquid pleasantly burnt her throat. 

"You are the only woman I know who can run in heels", he smirked, swirling the whiskey in his glass with a circular move of his wrist. 

She chuckled. "At least I'm doing this elegantly."

"Of course", he agreed and sipped again. 

"So, tomorrow's the first task of the Tournament", she shifted her gaze to the flames. "Dragons."

"Yes, I am aware."

"I feel sorry for the kids", she breathed out. "Who do you think placed Potter's name in the goblet?", she turned to look at him.