Chapter Five

"Ok, so one order of fish and chips with cola, one chicken salad with water, one order of chicken strips with an orange soda, and a yogurt parfait. Is that correct?"

"Yep, that sounds right!" Edd said to the waitress.

"I'll bring you your drinks and the food should come shortly after." Said the waitress.

"Thank you," Edd replied. As the waitress walked off Edd turned back to his friends. He couldn't help but notice an awkward tension between the people sitting across from him.

It wasn't unusual for them to get into an argument and ignore each other but this didn't seem to be the case.

Tom seemed to be trying to ignore Tord with an awkward face, and Tord seemed to be trying to observe Tom secretly.

Weird, Edd thought.

"Tom, are you sure all you wanted was a parfait? It's not too late to add to the order." Edd asked.

"Yea, I'm not that hungry right now, and if I change my mind I'll just steal food from one of you guys," Tom responded.

"Alright," Edd said, "just not from me."

"See, now you've just purposely made yourself a target." Tom declared.

"I'd like to see you try." Edd conceded. The waitress approached the table again holding everyone's drinks.

"Here's your water, cola, and orange soda. Tell me if you need anything else while you wait." Said the waitress. They all said thank you, then she left to take the next order.

"You guys wanna hear a story this homeless man told me?" Matt said after taking a sip of his water.

"Really, Matt?" Tom said.

"Yes I'm being serious, it happened the other day," Matt explained.

"Fine then let's hear the story," Tord said.

"Ok so I was going somewhere, and I saw this man leaning on a wall while I was going down the sidewalk. He said hey and then I said hi. Then he said you wanna hear something interesting. And I was like sure why not. Then he said that the other day he was looking for somewhere to sleep. So he went to this abandoned building he's slept in a couple of times before. When he entered everything seemed normal, until he heard a noise from the basement. He said he was curious so he decided to go see what it was. And that was when he heard the sound of chains. He was starting to become scared but he thought maybe it was someone who might need help. So he kept going. And then he saw something," Matt explained.

"What did he see?" Tord asked. Tom sat there incredibly still. Edd looked over to Matt for an answer.

"He said it was something in the likes of which he had never seen before. At first, he thought it was some type of rabid animal but the more he looked at it he realized it was nothing of the sort. He said he saw a monster! It started growling at him and then he ran away. He said it might even be an alien!"

"Interesting," Tord said, "but can you really believe a crazy dude that you've never met before?"

"I believe him," Matt said, "you could just tell from the look in his eyes that he saw something."

"Well, maybe we should go monster hunting then," Edd suggested.

"Count me out," Matt said, "I say leave it be." 

"I never knew you were so scared of monsters Matt," Edd noted.

Tom sat in silence contemplating if he should say something about it. It's not like they know it's me, why am I panicking. Come on calm down Tom.

"Tom?" Matt asked. Tom blinked.

"Oh um, yeah?" Tom responded.

"We were asking if you wanted to go monster hunting, Edd and Tord want to for some reason," Matt complained.

"Really," Tom scoffed, "you guys really believe there's a monster somewhere. And you're listening to Matt. Where did you're common sense go?"

"Fine Tord and I can go alone. And how is it that unbelievable, we've literally been to hell before?" Edd challenged.

Tom just rolled his eyes.

Eventually, their food came. Tom ate a few bites of his parfait. It was good but he just didn't feel like eating it.

"Hm, is something wrong with your parfait?" Edd asked noticing how he was just poking at it.

"Nah, it's just too sweet for me. One of you guys can finish it." Tom replied.

"Ah, you can have some of my food if you want," Edd said.

"Heh, I thought you said that I couldn't touch your food," Tom mumbled.

As Tom ate some of Edds's fries he saw Tord looking at him. Hmph.

"Can you stop looking at me Tord? I didn't know you were so obsessed with me." Tom grunted.

"Neither did I. Can't help it I guess," Tord responded sarcastically. Tom frowned.

"Weirdo," Tom whispered.

"Whatever, I guess I can't look around now. It's a crime." Tord sighed.

"That's not what you were doing and you know it. But whatever." Tom retorted. Tord squinted.

Hmmm, what can I do to piss him off? Tord wondered looking at his surroundings. His drink was almost empty..... no that would be a stupid thing to do.

"See Edd this is what I meant. Tom is too dramatic." Tord said rolling his eyes.

"Really, what do you mean that's what you meant?" Tom questioned.

"You heard me. I don't even know why you came. You're just wasting space." Tord complained.

"Tord! Why would you say that?" Edd questioned? Tord looked over to Tom. He had an unpleasant face to say the least. Haha I did it.

"It's fine Edd, I think I'm just gonna go." Tom said standing up.

"You don't need to go. We're almost done eating. We can go pretty quick." Edd claimed.

"No it's ok. Plus I remembered that there's something I have to do today." Tom answered back.

"Alright then. I guess we'll see you later?" Edd said.

"Yea, bye Edd and Matt." Tord watched as Tom walked away.

"Tord," Edd said unhappily.

"Yes?" Tord asked.

"Why would you do that? The only reason I wanted to come here was for him. You're such an asshole." Edd argued.

"Eh he was just being annoying, plus its fun to make him mad." Tord explained. He then zoned out as Edd began to lecture him. He looked out the window to see Tom passing.

Still no clues just yet.

_________________________________________

Authors note: hello people. Sorry, it took me a while to update. I'm getting to the point of the year where I'm tired all the time and looking for reasons to live. You know the average. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter or something.