Chapter Two

"No, I don't think that's a fair trade," Tord argued.

"Nothings ever a fair trade with you, I don't know why I even bother." Mumbled the other man.

"You know exactly why, it's because we benefit each other. Without you, I wouldn't have certain things. And without me, you wouldn't have anyone to help you." Tord said watching while the man was looking through his stock.

"I think you need to humble yourself. I'm capable of doing all the things you've helped me with." The man said setting something else on the table.

"Whatever Bing, then why would you ask me for help," Tord said as he looked down at what was placed on the table.

"Look, I have all the different blood samples you wanted. As well as the radioactive material you asked for. Plus all the carbon fiber and steel for your "project" is being delivered soon. And because you're so petty you can have my prototype for a teleportation gun." Bing announced.

Tord looked down at the gun suspiciously. "How is this supposed to work?" He inquired.

"Well, you set a marking shot, and then the next time you shoot the gun it's supposed to teleport you to the marking shot," Bing explained.

"Is it even effective?" Tord said looking up at Bing.

"That's up to you to find out," Bing responded.

"Wow, that's such a great deal," Tord said sarcastically.

"It's either deal or no deal," Bing stated.

"It's a deal." Tord sighed. Next time he would get a fair trade he thought.

__________________________________

He felt cold, numb almost. Like he couldn't move, but he was moving somehow. He panicked. He tried to stop but he lacked control.

The monster had authority over him. Not the other way around. He had failed to make sure that he wouldn't hurt anyone.

He was in a dark alleyway covered in blood. The reasonable part of him wanted to throw up. While the craving that consumed him would do anything to get another bite to eat.

It was painful. Tom was filled with shame by the fact that deep down he enjoyed what he was doing. He despised it. But he knew he couldn't control it.

Tears fell unknowingly from the monster's eyes as it creeped out of the alley, searching for its next prey.

It wasn't long before he got his next fix. The monster was close to finishing its meal when it suddenly just stopped. A sense of awareness suddenly washed over Tom.

He fell over as his bones formed back to their human nature, this transformation was never a pretty sight.

After a while of Tom gasping for air, did he finally open his eyes. He knew that he had no interest in the scene in front of him so he avoided his gaze from the sight.

Then suddenly he realized he was holding something in his hand. He immediately felt chills down his spine. He couldn't control himself as he looked down into his palm.

He stared at the piece of green fabric, as the realization flooded his mind. Tears started to fall and his whole body began to tremble. He looked up with tear-filled eyes to find not just one color. But three. His head was pounding as his cloudy vision flashed between the colors. He started to scream.

Knock knock knock.

"Tom, are you gonna go to the store with us?" Matt asked.

It was just a nightmare. He took a few deep breaths as sweat dripped from his face.

"No, I'm good." He tried to say as calmly as possible.

"Ok," Matt said. Tom could hear his footsteps as he left.

That was the worst nightmare he had ever had. He wasn't shocked though, his nightmares had been escalating for a while.

He slowly got up cringing at how sweaty he felt. Right, he needed to take a shower. He searched around for a clean outfit that wouldn't expose his injuries.

He opened his door slowly. It was silent. Everybody must have left already.

He carried himself to the bathroom peeling off his dirty clothes. Then he stood under the hot water letting out a sigh.

____________________________________

Authors note: Another update, speaking of updates they will most likely be random but I will try to update every few weeks. I don't know much about science so I'm sorry if the parts that are supposed to be scientific kinda suck. :')