Love

Charlie.

Never in one million years Beta would think that this guy would call him. He considered him spineless. With the heat of everything Charlie escaped his mind.

Alpha's fiancé was very shy and weak, he barely got words out of his throat in rooms filled with people - and he was easy to pick on. To think that Charlie actually called him and that he wasn't running to the police like a coward...

"A-Are you there? Beta?"

"Yeah."

"O-Oh... please don't hang up on me."

No more words were exchanged at first between them. Beta wanted to hang up but he couldn't.

"Why did you call, Charlie?" He forced those words out.

"Uhhhh I... I-I'm sorry."

"Charlie..."

"I-I... Excuse me. I'm so-sorry, it is just... You... You have killed someone. I mean I don't know if you have - but... excuse me again, I'm being nervous. But there is a lot of evidence that you have. You probably killed Senpai. Haha, that isn't good..."

"Charlie..."

"But again I don't know if it was you! Innocent until proven guilty! Am I right? Ahah... I could believe it was an a-accident or you just got involved with the wrong people! I never thought you were b-bad, Beta. I don't believe you would be capable of that! Everyone believes so easily that you have done that but I see how you are just a damaged sad kid! Not a m-murderer! God I'm ranting..."

"Charlie!"

"I'm s-sorry! I just want to know! Have you seen Alpha? H-he went after you. I don't want anyone to get hurt..."

Beta just stayed silent.

"Beta..."

"I'm so sorry Charlie... I'm so fucking sorry."

"..."

"Things are just so messed up right now... No- THEY ARE FUCKED."

"H-he.. W-wait are you saying? Al he is? Y-You..."

"Yes. Charlie, he is gone. Dead."

All that Beta heard in response was a weak gasp, followed by another long stretch of silence. Beta felt his heart drop as he presumed but the man on the other end hanged up.

"H-How?" The voice finally cracked out. Beta had no idea how this guy was going to react from this time on. He had eavesdropped before on Alpha talking with his mother how he was scared for Charlie often. How he was an emotional wreck.

"You don't want to know."

"I... But, why? W-why would y-you do this?"

"Again... you don't want to know. Charlie, what did you expect calling me? Why did you call me?!"

"He wasn't picking up!" His voice on the other end came out like a wheeze.

Beta bit his lip to hold back a sob, Charlie's tone of voice was starting to break his heart. - "Now you know why."

"I- I..." he was completely breaking down on the other end. "I hate you. I was told I s-should never hate anyone but I hate you so much." The other sobbed between his words, trying his hardest to breathe properly.

"I know."

"A-And I hate Al too! Why is your family like this?! I should have known! I should have listened to my p-papa! You guys are crazy!"

"Charlie... I'm going to turn myself in..."

"W-what?! I don't give a shit. THAT doesn't bring him back!" He yelled over the phone, causing Beta to flinch the device away from his ear. Again, the feeling he was experiencing as he robbed Zack came back - annoyance. It was clearly expected of Charlie to break down considering what happened and his already bad mental state, but something inside Beta was edging him to blow up on the older man.