Chapter Twenty Six: Tom Marvolo Riddle

"Ivy?" Harry asked in disbelief.

          "Ivy Potter. A true Slytherin. Though you may have defeated me, I find you worthy of completing my work. I know what you are and who you are destined to be," Tom whispered and pulled me into him.

          I stood in front of him and faced my brother while Tom stood against me from behind. He put my wand in my hand and then took that hand. He wrapped his left arm in front of me and lifted my sleeve to expose my scar.

          "How is it you and your twin escaped with nothing but a scar? Two babies defeated the greatest wizard of all time? Your brother is standing in our way. He destroyed Lord Voldemort's power," he said near my ear to Harry.

          Harry knew he couldn't get any closer but he didn't like Tom being so close to me, "Why do you care about how we escaped? Voldemort was after your time."

          I felt Tom's breath escape by my ear and his right hand tightly gripped mine. Turning to my left, his face was so close to mine.

          "Be a good girl, Ivy," he whispered.

          I nodded and his left hand took my waist as he held my right hand. While I was holding my wand, Tom used my hand to write his name, 'Tom Marvolo Riddle', in the air in front of Harry. Holding my hand, he waved it across his name to change it to 'I am Lord Voldemort'. I inhaled sharply and Harry connected all the dots.

          "You. You're the heir of Slytherin. You're Voldemort," Harry said breathlessly.

          Tom put my wand in my robe pocket and he wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me against him. He spoke with disgust about his filthy muggle father's name and fashioned himself a new name. It was a name that all people would be afraid to speak. His name was going to be the name of the greatest sorcerer in the world. Harry argued to him that Albus Dumbledore was the greatest sorcerer in the world. Tom pointed out that Albus was forced out of the castle by his memory. Harry disagreed and said that those who remain are loyal to him. Tom and Harry stared at each other until Fawkes cried out at the vault door.

           Fawkes dropped something to Harry and made Tom and I duck when he flew low towards us

           Fawkes dropped something to Harry and made Tom and I duck when he flew low towards us. Harry opened what he got from Fawkes and it was the Sorting Hat. Tom laughed and I also laughed, something that made Tom turn my face to his. He was scanning my face and looked into my eyes. His attention went back to Harry.

          "So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defender; a songbird and an old hat," he scoffed.

          Tom turned me to face the statue of Slytherin and he took my left hand in his. He faced our hands palms down and whispered in my ear.

          "I'll help you darling. Repeat after me in parseltongue. Speak to me, Slytherin, Greatest of the Hogwarts Four," he softly instructed.

          "Speak to me, Slytherin, Greatest of the Hogwarts Four," I obeyed.

            "Only a true Slytherin could do this, Ivy," he praised.

              The mouth of the statue began to open slowly like a real mouth and Tom covered my eyes with his right hand. I could hear the basilisk's scales against the marble statue and slithered into the water. It had a low threatening hiss and it was near us.

              "You obey only me. Kill him," Tom said behind me.

          I gasped and was filled with helplessness. My legs almost gave out and Tom told me to keep my eyes closed. Down the room, I could hear Harry running to the door from his feet hitting the water on the floor. Tom faced me towards the statue and he stood in front of me. I could hear him step closer to me and I felt his breath against my forehead since he was much taller. Tom covered my ears and pulled me into his chest. I could feel his body getting angry and there was muffled yelling from him.

          Tom took a step back and the room was empty and quiet. He lifted my chin with his hand and I made eye contact with him. Something in his eyes made me want to trust him. It felt like there was a connection between us.

          "You can feel it too, can't you, darling?" he whispered as if reading my mind.

          I felt my face getting hot and I nodded to him. My voice was lost and my mind felt blank. The hand under my chin moved to my cheek. He smiled and had a scent like rain.

         "Join me. You have my power. It is destined to be," he said.

          He leaned down and closed his eyes as he brought his face to mine. I couldn't close my eyes fully but I leaned in to him. His hand went to the back of my neck from my cheek and I surrendered and closed my eyes when our lips brushed against each other.