Chapter One: Summer

Summer 1992: On the train ride back to London, I sat with Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Blaise. I sat in between Draco and Blaise. The rocking of the train was making me tired and Draco noticed. He tilted his head to me and I leaned against him. Crabbe and Goyle looked at each other but I assumed that Draco glared at them because they didn't say anything. Draco put his arm around me and pressed my head against his neck. In no time, I fell asleep.

          Blaise woke me and Draco up. Draco apologized for falling asleep but we were left in the cabin alone. He gave me a big hug in the cabin and told me to write to him. I told him I would and we separated once we got off the train. Ron found me and helped me load my trolley. I hugged Harry tightly and I gave Hermione a hug too. The twins found Ron and I and we looked for Percy and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. While looking for them, I noticed there was a note in my pocket. It was to contact Terence. I rolled my eyes and saw Susan, Dean, Seamus, and Neville. I got contact information from them as well and we promised to send each other letters. Blaise already gave me his information on the train.

          "What about me?" Cedric asked from behind.

          "You want to exchange letters with me?" I asked.

          "Actually, Ced, Ivy is going to be staying with us for a while," the twins said together.

          "Is that so? Well, it still wouldn't hurt. I'll see if I can stop by over summer. We usually practice Quidditch together," Cedric responded.

          He handed me his contact and I put it in my sock. We finally found the Weasley parents with Ginny and Percy and made our way back to the Burrow. Salem was happy to explore the property again and I was happy to see Ginny again. The family enjoyed the treats I had sent them and Ginny was looking forward to getting her letter from Hogwarts too. Mrs. Weasley asked a lot of questions about how my first year was and if I was adjusting well. She was excited to hear that I was in Slytherin and I had an interest in Quidditch.

          "Ivy, would you be interested in playing seeker?" Fred asked.

          I shook my head, "I was thinking keeper."

          "Really? You'd make a decent beater," George said.

          "You want competition with me?" I teased.

          They laughed, "It would be interesting to see you as a seeker against Harry and Cedric."

          I rolled my eyes, "I think you'd be afraid of hurting me if I was a keeper."

          "How about a little competition then? Cedric has spare Quidditch balls that we use to practice with. He and Charlie would train together and Fred and I train together too," George explained.

          "Oh, so you want me to train with Cedric then?" I smirked at them.

          They looked a little jealous, "We'd rather have you train with us, keeper."

          "What?! That's not fair! You never let us train with you!" Ginny and Ron said.

          Mr. and Mrs. Weasley broke us up and Mrs. Weasley showed me to my room. Inside, my belongings were brought in by Mr. Weasley. I changed out of my clothes into something more comfortable and started writing letters to everyone. For the first two weeks in July, we did our homework that was assigned to us over break. Every week I was receiving letters from everyone except Harry. In the third week of July, I hit puberty and Mrs. Weasley took care of me. She was most eager to since she now has two daughters. I kept myself isolated from the awkwardness and Ginny kept me company. I'm not sure if it was related to mood swings but I was getting rather annoyed with her questions about my brother.

          In the last week of July, I was finally well enough to be active with the twins outside. Percy gave me permission to use his broom while Cedric came over to play Quidditch with me and the twins. I was really happy to see him. Even if it did make me shy.

          "Ivy, have you gotten taller?" Cedric asked when he came over.

          "I have. I'm already 5'3" so I doubt I'll be a seeker," I said.

          "You're practically my height then," he replied.

          We stood next to each other but he was more built than I was. The twins noticed and they were inches taller than us. Percy would watch us play in case one of us got injured. For the most part, the twins would chase a single bludger and beat it back and forth to each other. Cedric and I would chase the snitch so he could practice. Every so often, we would have to dodge a bludger that the twins would hit towards us. Cedric would always catch the snitch despite my best efforts so he would start to throw a quaffle at me since I wanted to play keeper.

          On the last day of July, the Weasleys surprised me with a birthday party and despite their best efforts, none of us had heard from Harry. In the mail, I received gifts from Hermione and the Malfoy family. The Malfoys also included a letter that when I received my letter for the school materials I need, they would send Dobby to collect my belongings and I needn't worry about bringing it with me to Diagon Alley. After three more days since my birthday passed without hearing anything from Harry, the twins, Ron, and I came up with a plan to find Harry. I gave them the address of Harry's family and the twins were going to steal their dad's flying car to go to him. My role was to cover for them while they were gone.

          When they came back, it was already morning and I couldn't cover for them anymore. Mrs. Weasley was waiting for the boys in the kitchen. She scolded all of them and quickly calmed down. They were told to degnome the garden yet again and she insisted on using a technique from Gilderoy Lockhart. The boys refused and this time, Mrs. Weasley told me to help in the kitchen instead of with the boys. 

          When breakfast was ready, we all sat down and Percy and Ginny came downstairs. Ginny froze when she saw Harry and ran back up to her room. The twins and I snickered and Ron explained to Harry that she's been asking a lot about him. Mr. Weasley also returned home from work and was scolded for his flying car. He was honored to meet my brother. Suddenly, I heard an owl and it flew into the window. It recovered and Percy retrieved many letters from it. Among them was an acceptance letter for Ginny. Harry and I received our letters as well since Professor Dumbledore somehow knew Harry was at the Burrow.

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

          Mrs. Weasley read our letters, "There's only one place we can go to get all of this. Diagon Alley."