Chapter 31

The third day.

The afternoon of the third day.

Norrington had made it known that they should ready themselves and get comfortable with the weapons they had. There had been many care packages lately. All of them could tell due to the distant sounds that came from the sky. Thankfully, they had also gotten a few themselves; rounding together, they received six in total.

Levi received ammo for the gun he was given and a camo-decorated blanket with fake grass and leaves stuck to it. Norrington pointed out that the blanket and gun could be a deadly combo if used as a backup.

"As long as you can perfect your aim, you can take out an enemy from afar," he told Levi with a stern, fatherly tone. Levi nodded, staring at the (unloaded) gun in his hands and then at the ammo in the box.

Ronan got a variety of throwing knives and a sealed box with bold words on the top. TOXIC. When he opened it, there were four small bottles sealed tightly inside, each holding its own label.

"Wait. Are those poisons?" Barbara cringed, pointing at the skull on the corner of one of the labels. Ronan nodded and glanced at the knives he was gifted with the supposed toxic liquids. They could be a deadly combination together if he were to use them in battle.

Barbara was gifted a metal bat with nails welded on the end. She laughed, holding both her weapons in the air.

"Dual-wielding time!"

Y/N looked down at the items she was given. A knife, her reflection visible in the shine, a small journal, and a small gun with only six rounds in it. No ammo was leftover and no sign was given to her when and how she would have to use it. The gun reminded her of a sheriff from those old western movies.

Norrington received a much sharper katana, this one was dark silver and not as worn or dull as the other one (despite it causing a large amount of damage on the white creature). His eyes lit up in a way a child's eyes would light up when given candy. Y/N didn't know if he'd dual wield the swords or use one during the battle.

"Um...what's this...?" Sarah spoke up, pulling out a pair of shielded glasses that were placed messily atop a variety of multi-colored orbs. They looked almost like decorations for a Christmas tree, except they had large hoops at the top. Ronan picked up one of the red ones, holding the hoop up to inspect it, then smiled.

"Paint bombs...! Er, or smoke bombs." He said, "you pull the hoop and then throw them! That's pretty cool!"

If they were paint bombs, that could cause some trouble for both them and the enemy. If they were smoke bombs, well, it would be the same, except they knew what was coming and could memorize the position easily.

The other two care packages were for all of them to share.

One of them was filled with food, unique supplies, and water that could be shared amongst them, obviously strengthening them for the battle ahead. The other was battle and medical supplies. Two first aid kits, two bulletproof vests, four dark pairs of safety glasses (for shooting), and a bow and quiver.

Sarah picked up the bow and quiver, beginning to count how many arrows were bundled in the case.

"What is this... A chivalry event?" Ronan mumbled, a teasing look crossing his eyes. Sarah smiled, her finger running down the thread of the bow.

"I can use this, actually. I have a bit of experience with target practice." She notified the group, detangling the small rope that bunched the head of the arrows together. Norrington nodded, squeezing one of the vests in his hands to test the durability.