.09.

After my setback, I was glad to have the opportunity to be isolated for a week. I had assumed Azriel had placed me in my bed after I had fallen asleep on him post panic attack. He shared a sympathetic look during breakfast, but didn't push me to talk about the thing that only he had witnessed. I barely picked apart my fruit that morning. Just a few slices of an orange and grapes decorated my otherwise empty plate. My silverware crossed on my plate and the magic of the house swept it away.

"Are you ready, Lia?" Rhys questioned as he crossed his own fork and knife.

I nodded. He stood from his chair and held his hand out to me. As soon as I placed my own in his, we were swept up in a cloud of night sky. A few moments later, we touched down in the familiar sitting room. Mor sat in the chair close to the fire, curled up with a book in her lap.

"I'm going to try to give it some time before I retrieve her. But when I leave, I think it would be best if the two of you were out of the main area. It might be easier for her if she has some privacy at first."

"Be careful, Rhys," Mor looked up from her book.

"As always," he cracked a devilish smile.

That smile began to fade as he looked internally preoccupied. His eyes went to the floor and he looked as if he was pondering something important. He disappeared shortly after that.

"Well, I guess that's our cue," Mor stood from her spot and closed her book. "Want to join me for a soak?"

I shrugged, there wasn't a whole lot to do at that moment, "Sure." I followed her down the hall and into the room she was staying in. She reached into a drawer and pulled out two swimsuits and passed one to me before shedding her clothing.

I blinked a few times as she'd stood there naked and stepped into the bottom piece first. She'd fastened the top around the back of her neck before I had unfroze. She peaked at me from over her shoulder.

"Are you okay, Lia?" She questioned as she tied her hair up with a piece of ribbon.

"Mor," I breathed.

"What?" She turned to face me, her figure curved like an hourglass.

"You're beautiful."

She waved her hand and let out a light chuckle while turning toward the pool-sized bathtub that overlooked the mountains. I slipped my own clothes off and replaced them with the swimsuit while watching her wade out to the edge of the pool, resting her arms on the edge. My feet dragged me to the open area next to her and I copied her movements. I looked at her while she looked out at the scene before us. Her brown eyes caught the sunrise beautifully. Her lips were full and red, inviting.

"I'm serious," I couldn't take my eyes off of her, "you're stunning."

She turned to face me, the water lapping up just below her collarbone. I reached out to touch the one lock of blond hair that caressed her cheek. She reached her hand around me and placed her palm on the small of my back. My heart went racing again. She pulled me closer, maybe two inches measured the space between us. My hand moved from the lock of her hair to her cheek, the warmth was thrilling. She looked into my eyes and traced my collarbone with her free hand. My breath caught in my throat.

I leaned in and closed the gap between us, pressing my lips to hers. She pulled me even closer with the hand on my back and tangled her free hand in my hair as she kissed me. She seemed hungry for it, which was fine because so was I. I took advantage of the water making me lighter and I wrapped my legs around her waist. She grabbed my thighs to keep me close to her and her lips traveled across my jaw and down my neck. Just before she reached the spot where my neck met my shoulder, she lingered for a moment. My breath caught once more and she lightly grazed the spot with her teeth before biting my skin ever-so-gently.

"Shit," I groaned and let my head fall back, my hair spilling into the water.

Her lips tugged into a smile as she hovered over that spot for just a moment longer before getting a better grip on my thighs and wading toward the stairs that crafted an entrance and exit to and from the pool. Her movements were effortless as she rose from the water and walked us toward the bed. My wet hair clung to my face and neck as she laid me down on my back. We rolled around for quite some time, keeping our voices low and soft just in case someone returned to the house without our knowing.

***

I woke to a night sky with stars shining bright. I hadn't been moved from Mor's bed, however, there was a new set of pajamas that covered my body. My body rolled to the left and my feet touched the cold ground. My search for other signs of life had begun. I ventured out of Mor's bedroom and walked toward the dining room to see Rhys and Feyre sitting at the table.

"Sorry, I didn't realize anyone was here," I went to turn on my heel.

"No, you're fine Lia. Feyre, you remember Lia," Rhys attempted to make a second introduction.

She nodded lightly, "tell him to let me go."

I frowned, "I can't do that, darling. Bargains are not something to be messed with." She looked as if she was going to cry. "Can I do anything to make you feel more comfortable right now?" I took a seat at the table and a snack appeared along with a piping hot cup of hot cocoa.

"I want to go home"

"I know," I took a sip of the drink, "a week isn't so long, though. If you want someone to chat with, just holler."

She nodded but stared a hole into Rhys. The week would certainly be interesting in the least.