Chapter 4

Luke

Levy doesn't really mind me. She wears off the dress in the very same spot, leaving her in just her underwear, and wears her clothes on before leaving. She didn't even glance at Amity as she drops the dress on the floor. She was incredibly, almost amazingly calm despite the situation which, I know, makes Amity angrier that ever.

The dress was supposed to be a black ball gown dress, simple yet elegant in its embroidery with sleeves on the right side. It was originally a long dress, enough to hide someone's feet wearing a five inch shoe.

But Levy made a grand make-over to it. It is now a rock star inspired cocktail dress. The design from the waist down is completely messed up. The sleeve was now gone. The skirt was now in three layers, including the tiny silk place in the middle to have a bouncy effect.

Amity is still in bad mood so already called the shoot off. She instructed her models to wait for her further announcements before leaving. They just nod and leave quietly, not wanting to get her attention.

She picks her dress up, sit on the couch and stares at it. She just stares at it, the whole time we're cleaning the studio.

"She's really upset," Ellaine, her make-up artist commented.

"More than upset," I replied.

I don't know what I'm going to do now. It's my first time seeing her down. She's usually the hyper, happy-go-lucky type. She used to tell me that everything happens for a reason, but right now, I'm not sure if I should tell her the same thing. There's a high possibility that she'll throw the vase beside her to me if I do.

"What are we going to do now?"

My question was left hanging midair. No one has an answer to it. No one wants to answer it, either.

"Maglinis na lang muna tayo," Japs recommended which we obliged easily.

I am glad I am not the only one here. Kung ako lang, baka nag-aantay pa rin ako sa utos ni Amity hanggang ngayon. Nakatunganga lang rin siguro ako sa kawalan ngayon, iniisip kung paano ko mapapahupa yung galit niya.

Since there are three of us, mabilis lang namin natapos iligpit at linisin yung buong studio. Si Japs ang nag-asikaso ng mga equipment na ginamit, si Ellaine ang nagligpit ng mga make-ups pati mga damit na nakalagay sa bawat stations ng mga model habang ako naman, ayun, ako ang nagwalis sa buong studio.

"Done. Whoo! Nakakapagod yun aa," I say followed by a loud sigh of relief when I reach a couch. "Wala ka man lang bang pakain dyan, Amity?"

Nung wala ako nakuhang sagot ay tinignan ko na siya.Nakaupo pa rin naman siya sa couch at nakatitig sa dress niya na sinira ni Levy. Sinira ni Levy.

Shit! Bakit ko ba nakalimutan na galit nga pala siya? Tanga! Tanga! Tanga! Lumapit pa sina Japs at Ellaine sa akin at pinagbabatukan ako, as if completing my idiot mode ritual.

"Just shut up, Luke. Bumili ka ng makakain mo kung nagugutom ka. Or just leave, instead. I think that's better."

Her words come like a cold wind ready to freeze us. But somehow, it hits me like a bullet. Does she really think na uuwi ako ng hindi siya kasama? I don't even think of leaving yet. Not until she calms down.

"Uhm, ako na lang bibili ng pagkain," Ellaine volunteered.

Nung makaalis na siya ay parang nadaanan ng anghel ang buong studio ng anghel sa sobrang tahimik. No one attempts to make any noise.