10 | twinkies

"don't roll your eyes at me, stos. you already admitted to missing me. you can't take that back."

NOW

NOW

The last stop for the Eternals was in Iraq. Khaos was practically shaking with excitement to both return to the Domo and see Makkari. All of them would finally be together — well, all of them that were still alive.

There was an excavating team that was unearthing their ship, but Druig made quick work of them. The humans silently loaded into their Jeeps and drove far away, no idea that they were being controlled. Once they were gone, Sprite released her illusion that kept them hidden from sight.

Phastos opened his control disc and powered up the Domo. It rose from the rubble it had been buried under for five centuries, still just as magnificent as ever.

"The Domo," Karun breathed out in disbelief. He never thought he'd actually see it, let alone catch it on camera. "Wow."

The nine of them made their way to the ship, Khaos and Druig bringing up the back of the group. Her eyes sneakily looked him up and down, admiring the modern clothes he adorned thanks to Sersi's transmutation ability. He wore jeans, a dark t-shirt, and a leather jacket, and Khaos found him quite handsome in the ensemble.

She nudged his shoulder playfully with her uninjured one. "This century looks good on you."

Druig smirked down at her. "I must say that I love the development of women wearing shorts." As he spoke, Druig slipped his hand in the back pocket of Khaos's white shorts, pulling her into his side as they walked.

Khaos's cheeks heated up, but she didn't reply as they were lifted onto the ship. As they walked down the dimly lit hall toward Phastos's lab, Kingo cued Karun to start filming once more.

"A foreboding atmosphere fills the air," he narrated quietly. "An eery stillness chokes our lungs."

"What are you doing? You know you are creeping us out, right?" Phastos asked. Then a loud popping sound filled the air, making Phastos flinch and scream. "Oh! Oh god! Stay calm, please — oh, chips." Khaos couldn't help but giggle as he knelt down to pick up the bag of potato chips he had stepped on and opened. "It's just chips."

"As you can see, being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions such as cowardice," Kingo teased.

"Don't worry, Stos. I'll protect you?" Khaos said, grinning at him.

"Girl, you are so beat up that a strong breeze could knock you down," he shot back, rolling his eyes. "Speaking of, I've got some things in my lab to help you heal, but it's not as effective or as fast as... Ajak."

The Domo did have a medical bay technically, but it was seldom used given the fact that Ajak could heal them in an instant. And given the physiology of Eternals, they healed at a slightly faster rate than humans, but it would likely be a week or two before Khaos was feeling as good as new — which was unfortunate for what was to come.