7 | tenochtitlan

here she is — the dreaded tenochtitlan flahsback. tbh, i don't love how i actually wrote the abandoning bit so sorry if it doesn't hit as emotionally deep as it was meant to

also, someone reached out to me asking about how i feel about you pointing out spelling errors. i am a touch dyslexic so you're doing me a big favor by pointing them out !! even with grammarly and proofreading twice, i still miss lots of things so feel free to correct me all you want besties ♡︎

☽︎

"you exist for arishem. and you will continue to exist for him. i can't do it anymore. eternity is too long if spent surrounded by this."

THEN

THEN

The dark of the night was riddled with fire and screams and bloodshed. The Deviant attack had lit a spark of an uprising, the great city of Tenochtitlan falling as the humans and their invaders battled mercilessly.

It was a long and hard battle for the Eternal fighters. Ajak and Phastos had been mistaken on the number of Deviants present in the city, so they were not prepared. But finally, after many close calls and having to split up on opposite sides of the city, they put a stop to the creature's reign of terror.

If only they could do something about the horrifying scene around them.

Khaos tiredly followed behind Thena and Makkari as they met with Ajak and the thinkers in the woods. Not even the darkness that surrounded them could rejuvenate her. She needed Ajak. And a nap. A long nap wrapped in Druig's arms.

"Where are the others?" Ajak asked, frowning as she noticed Gilgamesh, Kingo, and Ikaris's absence. It was a rare thing for Khaos and Ikaris to separate in battle.

Makkari quickly signed their explanation, "We had to separate."

"They'll make their way here soon," Khaos said, having confidence in her fellow warriors.

"There were more Deviants than you said," Thena said, clearly displeased with the incorrect information.

"Well, I'm sure that was a lot of fun for you," Phastos commented.

Thena simply smirked. "It was."

Phastos then activated the device in his hand, which showed a projection of the planet. It was able to monitor the heat signatures of the Deviants so that they could locate them from anywhere.

"Once the others kill these last Deviants, we will have eliminated them all from the planet," he informed them, clearly pleased.

The sounds of gunshots and screams pulled their attention away from Phastos. They watched as innocent, unarmed people fled the city, their attackers pursuing them, not caring if they were men, women, or children. Druig stepped forward determinedly, prepared to end it.