1 | eternals

"and what do they call you, little one?"

THEN

Khaos would never forget the first time she saw him.

They had all just woken from their deep slumbers, keeping them dormant until they were near enough to the planet they would soon inhabit. She stood against the wall, five feet from her brother, Ikaris — the only one on the mission that she knew aside from Ajak, who recruited the team.

Their armor manifested around them, wrapping around their bodies like a second skin. Her brother's was blue and lined with gold, while her own was as black as night, no accent color to be found. Her dark eyes scanned the room, observing the faces she would be spending the next hundreds — maybe thousands — of years with.

Ajak, she knew, was their appointed leader. Thinker, healer. Blue and gold, like her brother.

The next was a tall woman with long, almost white hair and a pearly white suit to match. Her eyes were calculating, as if searching for threats before even stepping foot on the new planet. A fighter.

A child — though Khaos knew her mind was much older — in teal with a mischievous look on her face. Perhaps a thinker.

A woman in green with soft features and kind eyes — too kind to be a fighter.

A man in purple with a cocky expression on his face that must have been a fighter, clearly anticipating the action upon arrival.

And then blue eyes that could rival the blue of the planet they were slowly approaching. Blue eyes that were already studying her. Blue eyes that made her forget about observing the rest of the team.

His suit was black, like hers, with red woven in, and it hugged his rather muscular arms despite his lean figure. Dark hair that was longer on the top than on the sides. A rather intrusive thought of Khaos's told her that his lips looked particularly nice, which raised into a small smirk when he realized he had caught her gaze. He lifted an eyebrow, whether as a challenge or playful greeting, Khaos didn't know.

Khaos simply smiled, and it was almost as if he was fighting off one of his own. Her smile was infectious even to those that did not know her.

"Khaos." Ikaris stepped in front of the boy, blocking him from her sight. "Let me introduce you to the other fighters."

Ikaris had done his research, getting the names and abilities of all those on the team as soon as he could. He liked to prepare and plan ahead, wanting to know exactly what he was fighting with — he hadn't bothered to look into the thinkers.

They went to the woman in white first. Both she and Ikaris had certain expressions on their faces, clearly wanting to establish dominance as they sized the other up. Khaos wasn't too concerned with dominance — her powers would show them soon enough.