Always

"You have no place in the world, Natalia. Neither does she."

"No! What are you doing?"

Laughter erupted from the other woman as she emerged from the shadows.

"You caused this, Natalia. Your ledger is gushing."

She held her hand over her chest as her breathing quickened.

She stared at the floor, falling to her knees.

"Stop!" She cried, keeping her hand on her chest.

The woman laughed again, then walked around her.

The scene changed, and they were back in the Red Room.

"You did this to her, Natalia. Just another dot of red on your ledger,"

A gun appeared in her hands, aiming at the targets.

She hit them all perfectly of course, but her stomach dropped when the target became a person in a chair.

"Do it, you know you have it in you. Let her die at your hands,"

"No..."

The woman laughed again, then pulled the rag off of the person's head.

Natasha fell to the floor again, as she looked into the terrified eyes on the person in the chair; it was you.

It was her girlfriend. It was the person she had grown to love over the past few months of being together. It was the person who made her feel safe. The person she wanted by her side forever.

And now, that person really was about to become just another dot of red on her ledger.

-

"No!" She woke up, rolling over immediately. Her entire body was drenched in sweat and she was clinging onto her pillow as if her life depended on it.

She glanced up to check the time, seeing that it was 3:30 in the morning.

Letting out a sigh, she rolled back over to lay on her back.

She's okay. Natasha thought to herself. She's fine. It was just a nightmare.

She was still breathing heavily, staring at the ceiling.

She tried to think of other things to distract herself, but every single one of her thoughts ended up bringing her back to those thoughts.

She had the gun in her hand, and was about to pull the trigger no matter how much she didn't want to.

She was about to hurt the person she promised she would always protect.

"No," she whisper-yelled, hugging her pillow even tighter.

At this point, tears began to stream down her face. Her breathing became shaky again as she wiped her tears away.

Natasha took a deep breath in, then walked out the door and headed for your room.

You hadn't been together too long, just a little under six months. Natasha hadn't directly told you she loved you yet, but she tried to tell you in other ways.

She would hold you close, stroking your hair, placing soft kisses on both your cheeks before you'd turn around and kiss her on the lips.

While the team was fighting, she would always try to be fighting right by your side so she could protect you. If she couldn't be by your side, she'd glance over at you often to make sure you were okay, or check-in with you through the coms. If you were in any danger, she wouldn't hesitate to disobey orders and go to you.