𝟎𝟔𝟔

"𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍 '𝙴𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚙"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘶
𝕥𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

     "WELL, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO BOSTON," JJ huffs as Hotch storms out of the bullpen.

Everyone is sitting around Emily's desk beside Penelope and Rossi, who comes out of his office.  They all watch in confusion as Hotch leaves with his go-bag in hand.  Emily stands from her chair and picks up her go-bag as everyone else mirrors her actions.

The team quickly makes their way to the jet, still confused as to why Hotch did not wait for the request.  They also had no time to talk at the round table and Emily had no time to warn Noah that she may be leaving.  After shooting a quick text to her daughter, Emily sighs as she takes a seat on the jet next to Reid.

As the plane takes off, Hotch immediately starts explaining their case.  He tells them about going to Massachusetts to visit an old co-worker, Tom Shaunessy, who is on his deathbed.  Hotch tells the team about a deal that Shaunessy has been given.

When Hotch was working on an extreme serial case ten years ago, he was sent away after the killings stopped.  Shaunessy got a letter from the unsub they were investigating.

"If you stop hunting me, I will stop hunting them.

For as long as we both shall live.

Til death do us part."

A deal with the devil.  Tom waited to send Hotch away all those years ago.  Aaron is uncertain about the contract, not understanding how Tom knew the killings really stopped.  Nonetheless, Tom says he kept watch and the killings really did stop.

With Tom on the brink of death, the contract would be expired.  And sure enough, the day Tom went was the day The Reaper made his reappearance.

"The Reaper is driven by a need to dominate, control, and manipulate," Hotch explains as he reads from an old file of his.

"So, then why would he offer a deal that would stop him from doing that?" Emily asks.

"Well, killing gave him power, but after so man, the payoff began to diminish," Hotch replies, "So, he decided to switch tactics.  Offering the deal gave him the ultimate power, better even than killing.  He manipulated the police into voluntarily surrendering."

"He even got it in writing," Spencer adds.

"He won," JJ says, "Why start killing again?"

"Well, because the only person who knew he'd won, the person he made the deal with, just died." Derek answers and looks over to the blonde sitting next to him.

"Narcissistic killers need other people to recognize their power," Rossi says, "That's why they contact the media."

"So how did he stop for ten years?" Emily asks.

"In Night of the Reaper," Reid begins as he picks up a book, "The author suggests he had been arrested for an unrelated crime or died.  Perhaps he's trying to correct that misconception."

The team discusses the details of their early theories.  Hotch splits them up into small groups as they prepare to land in Boston.  Emily nods as she listens to Hotch's orders and feels a buzz in her pocket from her phone.

𝐧𝐨𝐚𝐡 <𝟑

We had to leave for a case in
Boston.  I'll call you tonight!

ok :(

hope you solve ur case...
love u