Ch 8

Not edited. Just to clarify... YES Trey cheated. It isn't something Elizabeth made up.

She smiled when she saw him and he felt the world disappear.

God she's beautiful.

"Hey" he grinned at her.

"Hi there stranger" she replied jokingly "It's been a while."

"Ha ha" he rolled his eyes as they fell into step with one another.

"How was my main man this morning?"

"Grumpy. He's teething and it's keeping him awake."

"And Mum too no doubt?"

She smiled tiredly.

"And Mum too."

"You know I could stay over sometime. I've done my share of walking the floor with a crying baby before."

She stopped and looked at him shocked.

"Where?"

"One of the guys had his sister's baby for a week while she was in hospital. The little guy wouldn't settle so we took turns calming him down."

She grinned as she felt relief flood through her and she caught up with him and kept walking.

"I thought you were going to tell me you had a baby hidden somewhere."

He laughed.

"I wouldn't dare" his face grew solemn "I do want a family one day Donna. I want to share my life with the most perfect woman in the world."

"It sounds like you already know who she is" she teased.

"I do... though she doesn't know it yet."

"Why haven't you told her yet?"

He shrugged.

"It's not time. She's had a rough few years and needs to be herself for a while."

Her eyes glazed over with tears she didn't want to cry. He was amazing and had such a good heart.

"I hope I find someone like you one day Seth."

If only it was him.

"Really? Why?" he was surprised.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe it's that animal magnetism that you have."

He bumped her shoulder with his arm.

"Don't ditz the mag babe. It's all mine!"

She started to laugh at the pouty smugness on his face and rolled her eyes mockingly.

"Yeh right."

After that they fell into a comfortable silence as they walked. Each with their own thoughts of what they wanted in life.

Donna snuck a look at Seth. She had to be honest, in these past weeks she was seeing a side of him she didn't notice when they were younger. He was simply her best friend whom she adored.

It was him that introduced her to Trey. She fell for him almost immediately. His cheeky grin melted her insides and when he added it to the sparkly look he had in his eyes she was completely and utterly lost in him.

She choked back a sob in the hope that Seth wouldn't notice. He did.

"Oh babe... come here" he pulled her into him and she wept into his chest while he held her close.

He whispered words of comfort as he held her and stroked her hair. At that moment he hated Trey with everything in him.

"Why Seth?" she sobbed " What did I do wrong?"

He pushed her from him and held her face as his thumbs wiped away her tears.

"Nothing Donna. You did nothing wrong. It's all him. He did this. Not you."

"But I've tried to work out why and..."

He couldn't handle the pain in her eyes as she looked up at him so he pulled her back into his chest.

"Donna when a man cheats it's because of a weakness in him not because of his wife or what she did or didn't do. He made a choice for whatever stupid reason Donna. He owns this problem... Not you." He paused for a moment. "Donna if you'd been mine there'd be no way in hell that I would have cheated on you and you know why?"

"Why?" she whispered.

"Because babe... why would I cheat when I had everything I could ever need?"

She pulled back and looked up at him.

"Seth..."

He placed a finger over her mouth.

"Shhhh.... not now babe. We'll talk when the time's right." He lowered his forehead to hers. "One month twenty eight days." He smiled softly as her eyes widened. "Now, let's go and see my main man before I go back to work."

He tucked her into the side of him as they walked. He'd wait. It wasn't time to take this further but holding her as they walked was everything to him and he didn't want to let it go... ever.

**********

Okeys! I know you want more but I'm playing catch up with my stories so I have other chapters I need to write.