𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

"Just touch it Eddie its not gonna kill you" Skye laughed as she held a spider in her palm "nope nu-uh never in a million years Skye" the boy said backing up his arms raised "it doesn't bite you scaredy cat I hope" she mumbled the last part not intending the young boy to hear her "you hope?!" he exclaimed falling back onto the soft grass "please O'connor put the spider down and let's just sit like we always do without the spiders" Eddie pleaded the older girl "fine"  she huffed as she set the creature back down onto a leaf.

Skye sat on a red and blue picnic blanket with a glass of lemonade in hand sipping it quietly as she read quietly Eddie scetching quietly beside her "what'cha drawing Eddie Spaghetti?" she leaned closer to him to get a better look "no no no don't move I'm drawing you and don't call me that you know I hate it" she chuckled and went back to her original position "sorry Eddie" she paused "Spaghetti" Eddie scoffed and rolled his eyes "keep rolling them eyes you might find a brain back there".

The two Peculiar children walked silently down the cobblestone path back towards the house "y'know I'm glad Miss Robin found u Skye" the blonde looked at him with one eyebrow raised "oh and why is that?" she questioned "because then I wouldn't have met the big sister I always dreamed of" he wrapped his skinny arms around her waist burying his face in her hair as she kneeled on the ground and wrapped her arms around his shoulders a small tear escaping her eye "I love you Eddie Spaghetti" she said her voice wavering ever so slightly "I love you too Skye the Guy" she laughed "I'm gonna let that slid just this once" she grabbed his hand intertwining their fingers as he swung their arms back and forth.

Skye awoke in a cold sweat what was that? A memory perhaps? Or maybe her mind playing tricks on her after all greif showed itself in funny ways "Darling are you alright? A voice sounded from the doorway her eyes quickly shot up towards the familiar figure of Enoch" yes I'm sorry just a-" " nightmare?" he finished for her while she nodded getting out of bed and replacing her nightware with a stripy tank top and denim shorts" Miss Peregrine wouldn't like these outfits my love" Skye began brushing her blonde hair with dyed pink tips "I don't care I feel more comfortable like this" Enoch nodded kissing her cheek "you missed" she said

"What?" the blonde smirked "you missed" she placed her lips onto his while her hands went to his shoulders, the kiss was short and sweet but that wasn't enough Enoch grabbed her and placed her lips back onto his kissing her back a small squeak leaving her lips as he did so this kiss was longer and filled with love his hands resting on her hips and hers found their way into his raven hair they both pulled away breathless "I missed that" the boy whispered cupping her cheeks "me too Enoch me too"

"so Skye I have a question" Bronwyn asked from her seat at the large dining table "go ahead Bronwyn" The brunette looked to Miss Peregrine for confirmation the woman simply nodding "can you tell us about your year?" Skye stopped eating and looked at the girl "well what would you like to know" a smile lit up Bronwyn's features "what was the music like? What was your favourite song? And your favourite movie? What did you do for fun? What are-"  Victor covered his sisters mouth quickly shitting her up while everyone laughed "The music was like anything I've ever heard before it's sort of like your music but not in a way it's more upbeat and rhythmic"  Fiona spoke up from beside Skye "what was your favourite song?"  the blonde contemplated the question when she finally found the perdect song.

"I don't understand why I'm here Skye the music I listen to is good enough" Eddie huffed as he placed himself on her bed "oh shut up Eddie you listen to the same song over and over again" Skye said messing with the radio in her room "it's a good song I don't understand why your making me listen to this bullshit"  Skye laughed as Miss Robin entered the room "Language Edward Flint" Eddie rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly "sorry ma'am" as she left the room Skye began mocking the poor boy "oh shut it its not like she's ever caught you swearing"the girl crossed her arms and sat beside him on the bed" Touché but just listen to this and then you'll see what you've been missing" the sweet sound of 'Every Breath You Take' filled the room "this is..... Actually pretty good" Eddie confessed bopping his head along to the music.

"right see I told ya" she grabbed his hand pulling him up and dancing with him
"Every Breath You Take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take ill be watching you" Skye sang as the 10 year old giggled watching her dance around the room terribly "Skye stop your terrible your gonna make my ears bleed"  she smiled at him and continued "join in Eddie" and he did the two just laughing and enjoying the (unbeknown to them) last night the two would share together.

"Skye?" miss Peregrine asked "are you alright?" the girl nodded "Every Breath You Take that's my favourite song" Fiona nodded "do you wanna listen to it" the entire table nodded and she played the song

Just like old times. She thought.

Just like old times