× drunk on your smile

<drunk>
×> affected by alcohol to the extent of losing control of one's faculties or behavior

<×>

Trying to navigate his way around a Christmas party where mostly everyone is drunk was decidedly not one of Sapnap's favourite things.

He dodged mistletoe and weaved around dozens of drunk near-strangers, his coke-zero firm in his right hand, just looking for someone, anyone, who wasn't drinking.

He was not expecting to find that someone in the kitchen with the alcohol.

And he was not expecting that someone to be Punz.

"Blondie?" Sapnap called, as the taller boy looked up from staring at his empty SOLO cup. "You're not drinking?"

"I don't like alcohol." Punz said, pointedly ignoring Sapnap's skeptical look.

"Really?"

"I-" Punz rolled his eyes. "Okay, I don't like alcohol when I'm around strangers."

"I guess that makes sense." Sapnap said, leaning on the counter next to his friend. He began staring into the empty red cup too. "Do- you want some coke?"

"That'd be awesome, dude." Punz smiled sweetly at the ravenette as he poured the fizzy pop into the cup.

"That enough?"

"Yeah."

"..wanna go to our room?"

Punz sighed in relief, grabbing his cup and taking a sip. "Yes please. I thought you'd never ask."

Sapnap chuckled and grabbed Punz's wrist, dragging him towards the stairs. "Good. Because I am uncomfortable-"

They left the kitchen and went through the corridor to the main space, awkwardly passing a couple passionately kissing under a plastic mistletoe.

The pair got to the stairs safety and Sapnap made a mocking gag sound, pointing at where they had came from.

Punz laughed and gently laced his fingers through Sapnap's.

Okay. Sapnap thought, trying not to freak, This is fine.

The boys climbed up the two flights of stairs, Punz starting of on a tangent about how stupid it was that Hbomb hung up so much mistletoe around the building.

"And it's not even actual mistletoe! It's all plastic!" Punz complained, as he unlocked their dormitory with his free hand. "Who is he even trying to kiss anyways, putting up so much fuckin 'plant'."

"Er-" Sapnap calmed himself, "Probably... Foolish?"

"Mm. True."

The blond boy slumped on Sapnap's bed, as it was closer to the door than his own. Sapnap (reluctantly) pulled away from Punz's hand went to his closet.

The ravenette listened to Punz ramble some more about various things, such as Christmas gifts, Valorant, how he wished he could've gone home for the holidays. Meanwhile, Sap plowed through his closet to find something he only really got as a joke...

"Hey-" He glanced at his friend, "Hey Punz."

"Hm?"

"Seeing as it's just the two of us in here and there are no strangers..." Sapnap pulled out a cheap-ass bottle of whiskey his father had given him as a 'coming of age' gift. "Want some?"

Punz looked into his cup, then downed the last of the coke that was in there. He flashed Sapnap one of his signature smirks. "I wouldn't say no."

"Sick."

Sapnap walked over and poured Punz a bit of the alcohol. The blond swished the liquid around in his cup a bit, then took a short swig. He made a face, then swallowed.

"Just a warning though, Sap." Punz said, as Sapnap got himself a glass. "If I'm drunk and alone in a room with you, i might not be able to hold myself back."

Sapnap rolled his eyes, holding back the blush rushing to his cheeks. "Stop talking."

Punz tipped his head back and laughed as Sapnap sat back next to him.

"Cheers." Sapnap said, lifting his glass then taking a sip.

"Cheers," Punz agreed,"To having our own alcohol somehow."

The blond squinted at the bottle of whiskey sitting on Sapnap's bedside drawer. "Why did you even just.. have this in your closet."

"Thought I'd probably need it some day." Sapnap shrugged.

"Shouldn't you be savin' it for when you一" Punz did quotations in the air, "一need it, whatever that means?"

"I have like, six other bottles in there."

"Damn-" Punz said, half impressed, half concerned. A sly grin made its way onto his lips. He nudged Sapnap.

"Aren't you a bad boy." He whispered, in the ravenette's ear.

Sapnap was getting better at not freezing whenever Punz did stuff like this. Though he couldn't stop from blushing a bit, or having his brain go a bit fuzzy, he could react like a normal person who didn't have a massive crush on-

What-? Nothing.

Sapnap snorted and shoved a cackling Punz away. "You fucking know I am! I literally get so many bitches 'cause of it."

"No you do not!" Punz argued, his face red from laughing so much, "No you do not, you get zero girls."

"No, you do!"

"You were literally there when that blonde chic gave me her number-- I fucking get all the girls you dumbass!"

"Yeah? Only cause of your stupidly hot smile none of them know how much of a bitch you are yourse-"

Punz put his hand on Sapnap's mouth, successfully shutting the ravenette up. He paused, his laughter gone, replaced by one of his iconic smirks. "You think I have a hot smile?"

Sapnap flushed an even deeper shade of red, "No." He mumbled onto Punz's palm.

"You do!" Punz exclaimed, taking back his hand, "You're blushing you totally do!"

"Shut up, Punz." Sapnap said, embarrassed. He took a sip of his drink and tried not to look so... obvious.

Punz laughed, patting Sapnap's shoulder. "You have a pretty handsome smile yourself, Sap."

Sapnap blinked, then grinned, "Wow- uh-"

"Though I can't say you get any girls because of it, still."

"You- YOU ABSOLUTE BITCH I SWEAR TO GOD-"

"I'M JUST TELLING THE TRUTH!!"

"FUCK YOU-"

<×>