× airy threats

<air·y>
×> giving an impression of being unconcerned or not serious, typically about something taken seriously by others.

<×>

"You little fuck!" Punz exclaimed as Sapnap got yet another point in their air hockey game. The blond retrieved the puck from the small compartment it fell into on his side and immediately started up the game again, his icy eyes glinted with concentration.

A week ago, Punz and Sapnap discovered an air hockey table in the musty excuse of a recreational room in the basement of their boys dormitory building. Since then, the friends had developed a routine:

Come back to the dorms after their classes, do the necessary amount of homework and studying until dinner, have dinner, then retreat downstairs and be toxic while playing air hockey.

All while the two were practically joined at the hip.

Sapnap narrowed his eyes for a moment, wondering if how quickly him and Punz bonded seemed strange to others. Then, in the ravenette's moment of distraction Punz managed to score a cheeky goal.

"LETS GO!" He pumped his fist in the air and grinned madly at Sapnap, "I'm literally cracked, you're done Sap."

"I am not 'done' it's first to three and you literally just got your first point." Sapnap countered, "I'm winning this, you stupid bitch."

Punz laughed as Sapnap placed the puck on the slick surface of the Air Hockey table and aimed. Sapnap grinned as well.

That was something the ravenette learned very quickly after befriending Punz; his smile and laughter are infectious.

If the blond were to merely flash Sapnap a smile, he couldn't be helped but to grin back. It was something Sapnap came to love about Punz.

After about another minute and a half of intense game-play, Sapnap finally got a point and won the overall game. He grinned at the man fuming across the table from him and looked him up and down.

"Wow." He said, "You... are shit."

"Shut up!" Punz exclaimed, his ego obviously hurt, "Shut up or I'll make you."

Sapnap rolled his eyes and leaned on the edge of the table. "Wanna call it here, man?"

"Oh hell no." Punz said, getting the puck from its compartment. "We're playing again. And this time I'm gonna win."

Sapnap shrugged, and grabbed his mallet again. "Whatever you say, Punzo."

With a quick strike to the puck, the game started up again, the boys exchanging not-so-friendly banter the whole time.

Then Punz let his guard down. For just one moment.

And Sapnap scored.

The ravenette cheered, while Punz took an angry step back and flipped Sapnap off. "I swear, you're using a client or something!"

"Nah man, you're just dogwater."

Punz stepped back toward the table and placed both hands on the edge of it. He leaned forward and looked up, his cold blue eyes meeting Sapnap's black ones. Punz chuckled.

For once, Sapnap didn't laugh along with him. He blinked, confused.

Seemingly in an attempt to threaten Sapnap, Punz dropped his voice to a dangerously low, yet powerful tone. "I'm going to destroy you."

The blond got the puck and placed it on the 'ice' again. Meanwhile, Sapnap stood frozen, startled by the strange feeling Punz seemed to have left in his stomach. He felt even more surprised when he realized his cheeks were heating up in a blush.

"...You good?" Punz asked, hitting the puck and sending it flying across the table.

"Er-" Sapnap quickly hit the puck back, making sure not to give Punz an easy goal. That would be so embarrassing. "Y-yeah that was just-"

The ravenette's voice caught in his throat before he could say it, fortunately, but it was then that Sapnap had a startling realization: He thought Punz was hot when he talked like that.

What.

Sapnap shook his head and kept playing the game, trying to get Punz's voice out of his head. "Sorry."

"No worries?"

Punz's airy nonchalance of his affect on Sapnap somewhat comforted the ravenette, sort of reassuring him that his reaction was nothing out of the ordinary.

But the blond's voice still lingered in the back of Sapnap's mind, making the ravenette far too distracted to even get mad that he had lost the game due to his inattentiveness.

"You sure you're okay?" Punz asked as the two of them were putting the mallets and the puck away, and wiping down the air hockey table for maximum slide next time.

"...yeah!" Sapnap said, "Yeah, no I'm- I'm okay."

Punz looked unsure, but he shrugged and patted Sapnap on the back, "If you say so. Now c'mon, let's go bother Dream, yeah?"

Sapnap let himself get led up the stairs to the common room of their dormitory building. "You can. I'm gonna go back to our room."

"Oh-" Punz seemed surprised, but once again just shrugged it off. "..Okay."

Sapnap and Punz trekked up the creaky stairs and took separate turns once they reached the top.

"Later, Sap." Punz said, but the ravenette was already gone.

For the first time in a week Sapnap was happy to be away from Punz, from his voice.

He needed to think.

<×>