Camp Crazy

Hugo's POV:

That night I laid in my new bed in a cabin packed full of my fake siblings, wondering how anyone could ever sleep in an environment like this. Yesterday, I found out that Greek gods were real. This morning I met one: Hecate, the goddess of magic. (Supposedly she was the one who blessed all witches and wizards.) Hecate cast a greater blessing on us to make our blood have the same properties as a demigod. All I knew was that it felt like I was radiating heat.

This crazy lady changed my BLOOD so that I wouldn't explode if I had to take the demigod's medicine! That's not sketchy at all...

Us new "demigods" were given basic demigod 101, a brief background story, and blessings from our supposed immortal parents and we were off.

We finally made it to camp and were stuck being observed by a huge crowd of kids for probably ten minutes until finally a kid that looked like an 17-year-old Albus but with sea green eyes and a gray streak in his hair stepped up a greeted us. It's not that we weren't used to being stared at, but we didn't know what these people were like! Greek gods were not known for their kindness, so what would make their offspring so different?

We all introduce ourselves and suddenly some girl starts yelling at us! No one seemed surprised, but before anything could happen, I heard a girl scream "Percy!" and we all turned towards our greeter. He was falling, passing out. Teddy, with is animal-like reflexes, got to him first, catching him before he hit the ground. Teddy picked Percy up, silently looking around for someone to tell him what to do, but everyone else seemed just as lost.

"Follow me to the lake," a blonde said to Teddy, and she took off. We all followed her until we reached the sandy beach, where we all stopped, the campers staring at Teddy as if he was supposed to do something.

"Where's the infirmary?" Teddy asked, growing tired of the attention.

"Yeah!" Some camper exclaimed, "Why don't we just give him some nectar and ambrosia?" He meant the food and drink of the gods, which heal demigods, according to my new knowledge of real mythology. (Or is it fake mythology? Oh, who knows!?!)

"Great plan, Sherman," the blonde replied sarcastically. "Just answer this one question first: where's his injury?" She paused for "Sherman" to realize his mistake, then continued, "There is none, so ambrosia won't help. Water is the best option right now."

"So..." Teddy interjects awkwardly, "you want me to hold him in the water?"

"No!" The blonde frustratedly said, and I noticed that she had the same gray streak in her hair as Percy. "Ugh! Just give him to me!"

Teddy gratefully handed Percy over, relieved to not have to hold the unconscious camp leader any longer. The blonde waded knee deep into the lake before leaning down and carefully dropping Percy into the lake.

"What are you doing??" I yelled, almost as a reflex. "He's going to drown if you don't hold him up!"

Blonde-y turned her piercing grey eyes on me. "Is that so, English? I hate to tell you this, but we share a mom. I'm very much aware that unconscious people CAN'T SWIM. At the same time, I don't need you telling me how to look after my boyfriend, especially when you know even less about the situation than me!"

I didn't know how to react. People don't talk that way to me. I'm the son of Hermione and Ron Weasley, two of the most famous wizards of the century. But here I was just an average demigod, and a new one at that.

That's when a giant brunette jumped in. "And once again, who are you?" and I realized this was the same girl as earlier.

We tried calming her down, but it only made her angrier. Finally Albus said something stupid and the girl attacked, only to be doused with water from the lake.

We all turned to see Percy standing knee deep in the lake, looking as if he hadn't slept in a month, but that wasn't the strangest thing: he was completely dry.

"That's enough." Percy said softly, but it held an incredible authoritative tone. "While Chiron and Mr. D are gone, I'm in charge. Anyone care to disagree?" At that moment, I seriously doubted McGonangall would have challenged him, and she's the bravest person I've ever met. Percy then went on to tell us we'd be allowed to stay here, at least until someone came back. Then he split us up by our "godly parents" and gave us to a camper. Somehow I was fortunate enough to have blonde-y as my guide, since we got a great first impression of each other.

After a brief argument with Percy, Blonde-y stormed over to us and introduced herself as Annabeth Chase, her cold glare made unnerving by her stormy grey eyes.

Annabeth gave Dominique, Albus, Scorpius, and I a quick tour of the dining pavilion, arena, archery range, and obstacle course before reaching the cabins.

I had tried to stay quiet and invisible during the tour, but I couldn't help but gasp. "The architecture! It's amazing!"

Annabeth gave me a wary look. "What do you mean?"

"They're all so similarly Greek, but whoever built them paid such amazing attention to the details that change between each cabin! For instance, the Zeus Cabin has more jagged edges, like his lighting bolt, while the Poseidon Cabin is softer, like the rolling sea.

"And while the outside ring of cabins are gorgeous, the inside cabins are near perfect. Honestly, the Hypnos Cabin almost puts me to sleep just looking at it, and the Hecate Cabin makes me think of Ho-a huge castle old wizards would live in. Whoever was the architect to design these deserve way more recognition, I can guarantee."

"Is that so?" Annabeth asked, a strange look on her face.

"Definitely. Sorry for rambling, though. Architecture has always been a passion of mine." I mumbled, looking meekly at the ground.

"Well, maybe you'll meet the architect someday and you can discuss the underrated value of good architecture," she encouraged with a small smile. "Now come on! Let's finish this tour."

Demigods were strange people. First Annabeth was pissed at me for accusing her of drowning Percy, then she looked freaked out the entire tour, barely wen acknowledging us, and now she's trying to make me feel better for going full- out nerd? I don't know how long I can stay sane in a place like this...

~~~~~

Tadaaa!! Chapter 4 is here!!!

So what'd you think? I know most of this was just a recap of what already happened but I wanted to how one of the wizards reacted to the insanity of the events that happened that day.

Make sure to comment to tell me what you think!! Hell, tell me what you think is going to happen! I'm really interested in what y'all are thinking about my story!

Thanks,
Kylie