Is Mythology Really Mythology if it's Real?

James' POV

Fred and I took our sweet time walking to McGonagall's office once we were summoned. The headmistress would expect us to take awhile. We always did. Why rush to the room where we were awarded detention after detention after detention?

"So, what do you think Ole McGonagall's going to blame on us this time?" Asked Fred.

"I couldn't guess, but I'm sure it wasn't our fault! We always get blamed for everything!" I whined.

"Of course. I blame our names. With names like Fred and James, we were marked as troublesome kids six years ago, before we were even sorted," Fred complained as we approached the gargoyle statue.

"Correction: we were marked troublesome sixteen years ago when our parents gave us these beautiful names." I explained while being elevated by the moving staircase.

"True, but I think we've done a bloody terrific job at keeping our names synonymous with terror." Fred laughed, finally giving up the act as we stepped off the staircase.

"Without a doubt. Do you think they finally figured out how to stop that statue we made move, but freeze every time someone looked at it?" I asked curiously, pushing open a door.

"No we have not, Mr. Potter," a cool voice said, "but until then, you and Mr. Weasley will be cleaning up every single mess it makes, since you so happily admitted to it being your creation."

I look up to see Professor McGonagall, giving my cousin and I a cold look, surrounded by my two siblings, eight cousins, Teddy, and Scorpius, all of who were dying of laughter.

"Okay I'm confused. Why is everyone here? It's not like we involve them in the pranks that you care about, professor. I mean, Teddy, Victoire, and Dominique don't even go here anymore!!" Fred observed.

"Oh thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley," stated Professor McGonagall, her voice was cold as ice, but I could tell she was amused. "As it happens, I did not call you here because you are in trouble. In fact, I brought you here because I need your help."

Silence.

My mind was reeling. Voldemort couldn't be back, could he? And if so, wouldn't it be my dad they needed, not me? What if there was another dark wizard?

Finally, Dominique, forever the level-headed one, asked "What kind of help?"

"Do you have any knowledge of Greek mythology?" asked McGonagall. We all nodded, and she continued, "Well it's all real. The gods, the satyrs, the monsters," she paused, "the demigods."

"And? What's your point?" Roxanne, Fred's little sister asked.

"Wait! How can you just accept that mythology is not just myths! I mean, it's the definition of mythology! It's not real!" Hugo ranted. He couldn't simply roll with the punches like the rest of the family.

Lily grabbed his hand. "It's not all that different from being a muggle born. They grow up being taught that there's no such thing as magic and one day 'poof!' magic is 100% real." She explained.

Squeezing Lily's hand, Hugo took a deep breath. "Alright what do you need us to do?"

"Demigods are people with one mortal parent and one godly parent. Out in the open they tend to attract monsters, so there is a safe camp in America where demigods can learn to defend themselves.

"The Ministry of Magic wants to know if these demigods could be allies in the future, and while I am in contact with the head of the camp who says they are perfectly friendly, the Ministry doesn't want to go on his word alone."

"So you need us to go meet potentially dangerous demigods? Why not have ministry workers do that?" Scorpius questioned, leaning forward, off of Rose's shoulder.

"Because if these demigods are not friendly, we do not want them knowing about the existence of wizards. Instead, we want to have a group of children placed in the camp to scope it out, since all the demigods there will be about your age. Your family is proven to be incredibly resourceful, which is why I thought you were the best option for this task." McGonagall answered.

"If all the people at camp are kids, then why did you include Dominique, Vic, and I in this group? And why such a big group?" Teddy asked, not unreasonably.

McGonagall sighed and then gave a short, breathy laugh, "I admit this is a rather large group, with a few of you out of the correct age range, but as I said before, your family is by far our best option. And any of you can turn this opportunity down, but would any of you be willing to go without everyone else at least being invited?"

I looked around to see everyone, and realized that she was completely correct. Hell yes I wanted to go to America to meet some half-gods, but I wouldn't have any idea what to do without my family by my side.

"Meeting a bunch of potentially hostile half-gods? Count me in!" I volunteered. With that, the dam broke. Everyone was accepting their part in our little quest with excitement in their eyes.

"Great! Now, because you can't use magic, you can't be placed in the Hecate cabin, which would be the easiest. Instead, I got permission from some of the gods to place some of you in each of their cabins, where they will give you their blessing so you will have the same talents as your cabin mates.
Molly and Lily, you are in Demeter's cabin, goddess of agriculture. Dominique, Albus, Scorpius, and Hugo, you are in Athena's cabin, goddess of wisdom. Louis, you are in Apollo's cabin, god of the sun, the arts, and healing. Teddy and Lucy, you are in Hephaestus' cabin, god of the forges. Victoire, Rose, and Roxanne, you are in Aphrodite's cabin, goddess of love. Fred and James, gods help me, you are in Hermes' cabin, god of roads. While you're there, you all came from the same school, but your cabin mates are your only family members. It would look too suspicious if six gods all visited one family around the same time. You leave tomorrow and are staying for the year, so I suggest you get packed!"

With that, everyone raced out of the headmistress' office, excitedly chattering about our soon-to-be adventures.

~~~~~~~

Was it just me or did that take forever? But they're going to Camp Half-Blood!! I'm sure everything will go totally smoothly... Maybe.

I hope you're enjoying it so far! Thanks so much for reading and be sure to comment!!

~Kylie