Camp Half-Blood

Percy's POV

It's been just over a month since the last Giant War, and the adrenaline is finally wearing off. All I've wanted to do for the past week is sleep, but I can't sleep because of the nightmares from... there. So instead I walk around, trying to help run my camp, in zombie mode: dazed, indifferent, exhausted. As if that wasn't bad enough, I was prone to flash backs of... there... even while awake! Annabeth finally caught on to everything that's happening and forced me to get some sleep, so naturally I snuck out and was sitting on the bottom of the lake.

I was almost relaxed, except for that small nagging fear of drowning in the back of my mind, when someone thrashes through the surface of the lake. Technically, the dive was graceful for a human, but we're not really meant for water. I looked up to see Annabeth motioning towards her, and I reluctantly followed her back into the world.

"You'll want to see this," was Annabeth's only explanation as she grabbed my hand and took off for the Big House.

She wasn't wrong. In front of the Big House, surrounded by half the camp, was a group of 14 kids I had never seen before. Well, I say kids. The youngest seemed to be in their young teens while the oldest was a man who looked to be in his twenties.

The strangers were huddled together, but not as though they were unused to attention. Instead they looked more wary of what was about to happen.

I stepped forward, reluctantly taking my place as leader and put on a smile. "Hi! Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. My name's Percy Jackson, what's yours?"

A tall blonde, who looked around twenty, takes the oldest guy's hand and takes a deep breath. "I am Victoire Weasley, daughter of Aphrodite, and these are my sisters, Roxanne Weasley," a pretty, dark-skinned girl who looked around 13 gives a wave, "and Rose Weasley," a short redhead with uncontrollable curly hair a couple years older than Rose bursts into a grin and waves. Victoire had a British accent. Weird. She was also incredibly beautiful, and I could see the campers staring.

The guy holding Victoire's hand stepped forward, probably trying to take attention off her. "I'm Teddy Lupin, Victoire's boyfriend," he said, almost challengingly. Teddy had the same accent, pointed ears, a pierced eyebrow, and bright blue hair that, although it was probably some trick of the light, seemed to be growing darker. "Oh! And I'm a son of Hephaestus, and this is my sister Lucy Lupin." Another redhead, probably Roxanne's age, this time with straight, short hair, smirked and gave Teddy a soft slap on his arm, and Teddy gave her a sheepish smile.

"I'm Louis Delacour!" exclaims a guy in his late teens with golden hair and bright blue eyes. No one was surprised when he says "I'm a son of Apollo!"

"Umm I'm Dominique. Dominique... Granger," the oldest redhead, probably a couple years older than Louis, stumbled through, her face that her long, straight hair tried to hide was going beet red.

She looked as if she would say something else, but a boy that looks scarily like 15-year-old me, except for with piercing emerald eyes, rolled his eyes and spoke up. "And I'm Albus Granger, Dominique's younger brother. This is my twin Scorpius," a guy with longish blonde hair and matching green eyes nodded his head, "and my younger brother Hugo Granger," Albus nudged a tiny redhead about Roxanne and Lucy's age, who turned red when he noticed people watching him. "We're children of Athena."

"Johnson. Fred Johnson." Yet another redhead spoke up, this one a little older than the twins. "Son of Hermes, at your service! And this here's my twin brother James," a shorter redhead bowed. These two would be fun.

With only two people not yet introduced, the young redhead, with her hair in two braids who was the same age as the other young ones, looked up at a curly-haired brunette, probably Louis' age, who simply shook her head. The redhead looked up and said "I'm Lily Potter, daughter of Demeter, and this is my older sister Molly Potter."

"Who are you and why do you know so much already?" Clarisse stormed up. I rolled my eyes and kept watching the newbies.

So many redheads... Like fire burning up the world... So much fire everywhere... There was nothing I could do... My powers didn't work on those rivers.

"Percy!" But I was helpless. I couldn't even save myself. There's just too much fire. I just wish I could make sure I saved Annabeth. She didn't deserve any of this. But there's just too much fire...

Suddenly I started feeling cooler, the fires disappearing. It takes me a while but I finally open my eyes to find me at the bottom of the lake with naiads huddled worriedly around me. I wave them away, trying to figure out what happened.

Oh gods... I just had a flashback... in front of everyone. I race to the surface, where everyone stood, but their focus wasn't on me. Instead, it was on the newbies, who Clarisse was so politely interrogating.

"How do you know so much about us?"

"We're from Great Britain! We were chased to the camp there, Camp Zeus, where they explained everything to us!" Lily pleaded desperately.

"Then why are you here?? And why haven't we heard of this 'Camp Zeus'?"

"There's wasn't enough room for all of us, and we wouldn't let them separate us, so they sent us here. And we don't know why you haven't heard of us, we just showed up, they explained our situation, and we were sent to America." Victoire explained calmly, trying to soothe Clarisse.

Which, of course, only made Clarisse angrier, "Well why are there so many of you? We rarely get more than two, and even rarer are they siblings! There are fourteen of you, and most of you have siblings!!"

"The gods probably like us Brits over you Americans because we have decency, unlike whatever you seem to have," Albus sneered with cold eyes.

"That's it!!" Clarisse sprang, but before she could reach the new kid, she was doused in lake water.

Everyone turned with huge eyes to see me standing knee deep in water. "That's enough." I said quietly, but it was obvious that everyone was listening. Maybe I should pass out more often. "While Chiron and Mr. D are gone, I'm in charge. Anyone care to disagree?" I asked challengingly. Clarisse looked murderous but stayed silent. "All right. Brits, you will be allowed to stay here, safely," I glance around at the more troublesome campers, "at least until Chiron, our activities director, returns and decide what is the best course of action." I get a few incredulous looks, but for the most part people seem to understand that this was the smartest option. "Miranda, you take Molly and Lily. Annabeth, you've got Dominique, Albus, Scorpius, and Hugo. Will, take Louis. Nyssa, Teddy and Lucy are yours. Piper, you get Victoire, Rose, and Roxanne. Connor and Travis, do NOT make Fred and James your prodigies. Show them the ropes, you know what to do."

I turn to walk away, but I hear a voice, "Percy..."

"Seriously Annabeth. It's your responsibility," I order.

"One: you don't get to order me around, Seaweed Brain. Two: Pipes can show my siblings around. Three: you're not nearly as fine as you're acting. I need to know that you're okay," Annabeth pleads, grabbing my shoulder.

I tried to pull away, but I'm too weak and she turned me so I was facing her. "It is your responsibility, though. Plus, Wise Girl, you're the best guide we've got. I would know. Really, go. Meet me in my cabin when you're done, but not until then," I tried to compromise.

She gave me one last worried look, but finally Annabeth let me go and walked away. Luckily she turned when she did, because without her holding me up I stumbled, almost too weak to hold myself up.

~~~~~~~~

Uh-oh Percy... Chapter three was not kind to you. :(

Happy Easter!!! Sorry for the long intros but I tried to make up for it towards the end...

Anyways, how'd you like the story so far? Be sure to comment an vote so I know how to make my story better!

Thanks!
~Kylie