Mother, who is that?

***Your POV***
I walked down the street with my jaw gaping. I am standing in Diagon Alley, one of the most magical places in the wizarding world. I felt like the street was oozing magic, shooting it into my shoes, and up my spine. We walked by many shops, I looked in and saw full grown wizards, and many children.
"(Y/n), do you have your list?" Asked my mother, interrupting my gawking.
"Sure, here it is" I responded, and handed her the supplies list. She started reading it, and mumbling the words to herself.

"Uniform
First year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Course books
Each student should have a copy of each of the following:
The standard book of spells (grade 1) By Miranda Goshawk
A history of magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical theory by Adalbert Waffling
A beginners guide to transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One thousand magical herbs and fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical drafts and potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic beats and where to find them by Newt Scamander
The dark forces: a guide to self-protection by Quentin Trimble

Other equipment
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS" my mother finished talking and paused for a second. "Let's start from the top, with your robes!"
As we walked down the streets I saw another family. The woman almost looked like my mother. There was a boy standing with them. He had slick blonde hair and silvery blue eyes. The complete opposite from my dirty blonde curly hair and green eyes. The man or father raised his arm and waved. I looked at my father and he waved back. When the man raised his arm, I saw the mouth of a snake printed on his arm.
"Mother, who is that?" I whispered timidly into my mothers ear. And for a second i swore I saw the blonde boy do the same.