Goodbye So Soon

No one pov:

(y/n) kept getting to know the gems. He even met their other friends and Greg. Greg was happy and surprise he actually has a nephew. (y/n) got to know others gems in little homeworld. He took classes about gem stuff like technology, culture, and more. He noticed Steven looked a bit upset one day when Steven was laying on the grass near the lighthouse. (y/n) decided to up to him and sat next to him.

Steven: hey (y/n)

(y/n): hello Steven

Steven: what brings you up here?

(y/n): just wanted to go somewhere quiet and I noticed you look a little upset

Steven: ... oh

(y/n): may I ask why?

Steven: just thinking what all has been happening to me in my life. I feel sometimes... I don't know how to describe it.

(y/n) thought what he could be trying to say. Then he got curious.

(y/n): maybe you could tell me and I could help you

Steven: are you sure?

(y/n): of course. We are cousins after all and should help each other out.

Steven: okay here I go

Steven told stories about a lot of things. He went on for a while. He told things happening like the Diamonds, the Cluster, Spinel, and him so stress and confused into a monster. (y/n) understood everything and talked to him about each one and understanding more. At the end Steven started to cry a little.

Steven: I'm not so sure on what I should do now?

(y/n) felt sorry for him. He put his hand on his shoulder.

(y/n): Steven... You can do some much more on this world and others. I felt like you did on what to do next. What I did was travel to some where new on earth and do new experiences. It helped me a lot about myself. Maybe you should do the same. But still visit here like I always visit my dad from time to time.

Steven smiled a bit and wiped his tears.

Steven: thanks (y/n) for listening to me and helping me

(y/n): anytime

Time skip a few weeks:

Steven decided to move from beach city and took (y/n)'s advice. Steven was starting to say goodbye to his friends and family. But before going back to the temple for one final goodbye, he went to see (y/n). (y/n) was flying around the light house doing some flying tricks until sees Steven. He comes down in front of Steven.

(y/n): hello little cousin

Steven: hey, did you heard?

(y/n): yes and I'm glad you took my advice. I wondered if you would.

Steven: you were right. Trying new experiences can help me. I also wanted to say goodbye even though we just met over a month ago.

(y/n): yes it's goodbye so soon but I'm happy that you can get better

They both hugged each other.

Steven: bye (y/n)

(y/n): bye Steven have fun

After they both separated, (y/n) went back to what he was doing. After Steven said his last goodbyes to the gems, (y/n) followed Steven by flight until Steven went out of the city. They both saw each other and waved goodbye. (y/n) got back to the temple and helped the gems calm down from Steven leaving. Soon after (y/n) went to a room in the temple which he lived in for the past few weeks and played some music.

The song then ended. (y/n) lay down and then realized something.

(y/n): wait, I should meet my AUNTS!