Letter Number Nineteen

Dear God,

Today I found out something that made living seem even more like a task and not a pleasure. That thing I found out had much to do with Trey.

Basically today I had enough of what I like to call courage, but was most likely a YOLO moment because I obviously don't have much longer to live, and I asked Trey if he had a girlfriend. He looked slightly shocked and confused when I asked but he quickly recovered and to my utter dismay, he got the look of a love sick puppy plastered onto his beautiful face. He sighed before saying a breathy yes. My heart was aching but I forced a smile on my face and as enthusiastically as I could with the current conditions I asked who it was. He sighed again before answering with the answer I was hoping he wouldn't say. He said that it was the other volunteer person like him named Emma. Hearing him actually say that he was already taken was another blow to my heart. I proceeded to ask why he loved her. Just after I asked that short sentence I mentally cussed myself out for being stupid enough to ask something I already knew would hurt me. It was like I had a death wish. Non the less, I listened to what he had to say.

"Why I like Emma?" He said. "Oh, I have known her for so long and she was my best friend before we started dating. I have always liked her."

Before he could go any further I heard the steady quickening of the heart monitor and I felt the searing pressure in my head before I blacked out. The last thing I saw before I was knocked out was Trey's face staring at the wall, lovesick and beautiful.

Here I am writing this in the intensive care unit and I am not sure if I am glad I am alive after the incident I had with Trey. Apparently my brain just had a shock because the tumor is growing at a quicker rate than ever before. I woke up with Trey looking over my bed and he told me that he had something to tell me as soon as possible. I blacked out again right after that though. I wonder what it is because there is nothing that could top Trey being with another girl. Especially Emma.

Please help.

-Alice