9

FUTURE KOL POV-

It was time, the full moon was at its apex. Bonnie began chanting, causing the torches in the cave to ignite.

She walked up to me, placing her hand on my chest, still chanting. She stopped suddenly. I felt a rush of cold air running into my lungs and the one feeling I had missed for months. My heartbeat. But I could still see her.

"Did it work?" I asked, walking back over to her.

"You can still see me?" She asked curiously. I walked over and tried to sit my hand on her shoulder, but it went straight through.

"Apparently my brother-in-law is not the only one who can see the dead any longer." I said, barely comprehending the fact that I was alive again.

"Go. Now, before anyone see's you." Bonnie said, motioning for me to leave. I took a deep breath and flashed away at vampire speed.

I arrived at the abandoned Bennett household and easily walked through the front door, seeing as its owner was still dead. I searched around until I found the key on the nightstand and opened the bottom drawer of her desk. Laying inside were three very old looking Grimoire's.

I took them out and sat them on the desk. One of them had caught my attention. I recognized it immediately. The letters K.M. imprinted on the inside of the leather bound cover. It was mine. How did the youngest Bennett witch get MY Grimoire, from over a thousand years ago? And why didn't she tell me she had it.

I looked at the other ones, noticing one had been my mother's. The other must have been Ayanna's. I sat there for what seemed like hours, reading through the ancient script, a language I hadn't used in close to 900 years.

My attention was immediately focused when I read a certain passage about a spell. It talked about a teenager, a young girl with brown hair and eyes. It had said something about traveling through time. I thought it was talking about Elena, until I saw it. Her name. Aurora Isobel Mikaelson.

PAST ELENA POV-

"It didn't affect the baby. You're pregnant." Esther replied. I was in shock. I was what?! I hadn't even thought about children since I was turned into a vampire. I guess I hadn't taken into account that I was a human here, and there was no source of birth control. We certainly hadn't been abstinent.

"How- how long?" I asked, finally regaining my voice. I looked at Kol who was smiling widely.

"About five months. You must have gotten pregnant soon after getting married. Its amazing that you haven't noticed until now." Esther replied. I looked down at my stomach, noticing a definite bump there. I wondered how I hadn't noticed before now, either. I had noticed that my dresses were getting tight, but I hadn't gotten sick at all. "We will give you a moment alone."

I looked at Kol, still holding my hand. He was smiling like a ninny and I could tell he was excited. The more I thought about it, the more excited I was as well. I never thought I could have this opportunity.

"We are going to be parents." I said, letting the words sink in.

"Mother said it's a girl, a witch like me." Kol said excitedly. A girl. I was having a baby girl. I couldn't believe it.

FUTURE KOL POV-

"Who is it talking about?" I jumped at the sound of the dead Bennett witch behind me. She had appeared out of nowhere.

"My daughter." I replied solemnly. Her eyes shot open.

"So that's what your mother took from you the night you were turned?" She asked incredulously.

"Yes. She was only 3 months old. After I found my mother dead, I searched for her. I searched for years. I had thought Ayanna to have died when my siblings and I destroyed the town." I said, letting a tear drop from my eye.

"What is that spell that is talking about her?" Bonnie asked, pointing to the passage I was reading.

"I don't know, I've never seen it before. It says something about returning home" I said, getting angry because it made no sense. I got up and flashed out of the house, running into the forest. I needed air. The date on the page had been dated 18 years after we had been turned. I had already gone to Europe by then. I yelled into the night.

I heard a growl behind me and turned to see a pair of yellow eyes looking at me.

"Kol?" The voice of my brother hung in the night like the damp air.

"Surprised to see your little brother, back from the dead?" I asked, laughing.

"Are you alive?" He asked, looking at me like I'd grown two heads.

"I wouldn't say I'm alive, but I'm not as dead as I was! Your undead-dead brother is back from the other side, Nik." I said, laughing. He dropped his defensive stance and his eyes turned back to their normal blue. He walked up to me, looking shocked and gave me a brotherly hug.

"This is about them, isn't it?" Nik asked, asking about me yelling into the forest.

"Elena will be back here tomorrow. Nik, mother gave Aurora to Ayanna, that's why we couldn't find her. I found Ayanna's Grimoire and there was a passage about her, and a spell." I said, still confused as ever.

"How did you get back?" Nik asked, still in shock.

"The young Bennett witch pushed me through the veil." I said honestly.

"The Gilbert boy has been telling everyone that she is away on holiday with her mother." Nik replied, making me look up at him.

"Nik, she's dead. She helped me from the other side." I told him. He looked at me disappointed.

"Caroline is going to be very upset." He muttered to himself. I had almost forgotten about the blonde baby vampire my brother had been so captivated by.

"Tell him not to tell her. Please?" I heard the voice of Bonnie from over my shoulder.

"Bonnie asks that you please do not tell Caroline, at least not yet." I relayed the message. Nik looked at me strangely. "Don't even ask, it seems I can talk to ghosts as well. Must be something about dying and coming back to life." I mumbled.

"I can't bloody well lie to her, now can I?" He said, agitated.

"You lie plenty, it will be fine." I said, being nonchalant. If looks could kill...

"Not to her. I can't." He said, almost forcefully, like he was revealing a weakness. He was in love with her.

"Then don't say anything unless she asks directly, see- problem solved." I said, satisfied with my answer. "Now, Elena will be back tomorrow, she will need blood."