4

"I will not object if it is asked of me." I responded to her. She seemed to light up with cheer as I said the words.

The rest of the day went by quickly as we talked about all sorts of things. Before I knew it, the clothes were done and it was almost dinner time. Rebekah showed me how to make a stew, which I started on immediately. I already felt like a housewife, washing clothes, cooking. It was a simple life, and I enjoyed that. I didn't have to wait long for Kol to arrive home. He seemed to be upset and I had a feeling it was about what Mikael had told him.

"How did the hunt go?" I asked him as he took off his dirty shirt and threw it in the corner. His abs were glistening in the light and I couldn't help but look.

"Elena, my father told me something today." He said, clearly not knowing how to put it, but I had already known what it was.

"Kol, I already know, Rebekah told me." I said, making his eyes shoot up at me.

"What did she tell you?" He asked quickly. I moved over to sit next to him.

"She heard your father talking last night about wanting you to get married during the summer solstice." I responded, watching his reaction.

"He told me today, during the hunt. I can understand if you wish to get out of this now." He said, looking down sadly.

"I am still here, aren't I? I may have only known you for a few days, Kol, but I already know that being sent here was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I don't want to go home, Kol. I want to stay here, with you. And if that means doing what your father asks, I will, if you will have me." I told him, feeling like I was spilling my guts about some dirty little secret.

"You want to stay? You are willing to change your life completely, to be with me, to marry me?" He asked looking hopeful. I took his hand and held it in my lap.

"I'm not agreeing to anything officially until you do it the proper way. But yes, Kol. I want to stay." I said, smirking at him. He kissed me passionately.

"After dinner, would you like to take a walk with me." He asked, walking over to the table to sit down for dinner.

"I would love that." I responded as I dished him out some stew and we ate.

After dinner, I washed the bowls and pot, then put my shoes back on to go for a walk. He took my arm and we walked through the woods until we reached the falls. They were really beautiful before they had been ruined by drunk students playing around. The sun was beginning to set and the sunset was magnificent, shining across the falls in different shades of purples, oranges, and reds.

"It's beautiful." I told him, looking at the falls. Suddenly, he was down on one knee, and opened his hand to reveal a closed lily.

"Elena Gilbert, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" As he spoke, the lily floated into the air above his palm and opened, revealing a beautiful ring, with lapis lazuli in the center. It was my daylight ring from the future. How did he have it 1000 years in the past?

"Yes, I will." I responded, watching as he took the ring and slid it onto my left ring finger. A perfect fit. "How did you get this ring? I was with you the whole time." I asked randomly.

"Magic, darling." I smiled as he leaned in to kiss me gently. I couldn't believe how much my life had changed in just a few short days. I went from being afraid for my life and in a constant battle between brothers to being in a simple time where I was happy.

Within minutes, the moonlight was showing. The moon was almost full tonight. I looked up at Kol, who was brushing my hair behind my ear. He looked like a deity. I reached up and touched his face. I had never felt a more human moment in my life.