Chapter 1

Pain.

Torture.

Suffering.

That is my life.

Well, most of it anyway. 

I am called the Indoraptor, but some just call me the monster. But I have a name, just like them.

My name is Ripper.

I am not sure how old I am, though according to Maisie, I am about 2 and a half years old.

For humans, that would mean that I am a toddler. Though I am far from that.

I am taller than any human I have seen, and I am about 20 feet long, I think. I don't really care for measurements, even though Maisie has taught me about them. 

Maisie used to visit me a lot, but as I grew, she started to see me less. Maybe because of my behavior toward humans in general, or maybe because it got harder for Maisie to come by. The time of each visit ranged from 5 minutes to, once, the whole night. That time, Maisie was nearly caught.

I am worried about her.

Sitting in this dark cage, I can't help but worry.

Maisie's last visit was over half a year ago.

Wouldn't you be worried if your best friend went missing for that long?

I know she is still here. I can hear her upstairs, letting her imagination run wild.

I smiled, thinking of the last time me and her played together. It was over a year ago, when I was as tall as her.

--Flashback--

"Come on, Ripper! Race me!" Maisie shouted happily as we ran through the halls. Today, the mansion was completely empty. Maisie's grandfather was away for some sort of checkup, Iris was out doing something, I don't know what, and everyone else was not here. I didn't know why, but right then, I didn't care. I could run through the house and explore with her.

"I'm going to catch you!" I growled playfully as I put on a burst of speed. I caught up to her easily, grabbing her and pulling her against my chest. Maisie hugged my large arms, a big grin on her face as she looked up at me. She was gasping for air, while I wasn't even breathing heavily.

"That was fun," she managed to say after a moment. I grinned."Yes, it was."

"Hey, Ripper?" she asked me as I put her down on the floor and curled around her. "Yes?"

"Have you...killed anyone?" she questioned hesitantly. I winced, but honestly, I expected it. I was sure the rumors about me had reached her ears.

"No," I replied. "The chances I got were to kill innocent people. I'm not a monster, no matter what the humans think." I don't know how she can understand me, but it makes communication much easier.

"Oh," Maisie stated, sitting down and leaning against my side. "I'm glad you haven't killed anyone."

"Maisie, I will only kill a human if they deserve it, or if  I have to." I told her.

She gave me a worried look. "How can you know if they deserve it?"

"You can see it in their eyes." I responded. 

Maisie nodded. She believed me, just like that. That was another thing I liked about her. She trusted me. And I trusted her.

--End Flashback--

I blinked, clearing the memory from my vision. Sighing, I sprawled out on the ground, staring at the bars of my prison. Suddenly, I heard a Ding! from out in the hallway. Soft footsteps followed. I would recognize them anywhere. Maisie is here!