i love you, i could've sworn you knew?

Kara's pov;
(one week post)
I was good at a few things. Eating potstickers, lecturing Alex, lifting freaking airplanes, and making a damn good article. But there was one thing I wasn't!!! Telling people im inlove with them. Especially like, I don't know, WOMEN. I've never- I barely even told James. There was a, "James i'm inl-," I don't know what happened after that. But Lena? I never ever expected to fall for her. My Boss! Let alone a women.

But they are terrific (women), and- and they're new. And terrific and confusing and Rao help me. I can't decide if i'm glad that I love her or if i'm upset. Anyway, Maggie and Alex's wedding was next week. They were going cake tasting today and wanted me to come along. I had to go through Lena to tell her I was leaving early. I started walking toward her office and adjusting my glasses awkwardly. "Hey... Kara. What's up." Lena said. "Hi Lena. I just wanted to let you know i'm going cake tasting with Alex and Maggie for their wedding. I'm leaving now." I told and she nodded. She was so pretty. "I can't believe they're getting married, i'm so proud of them. I'd love to come along." She said. Of course I wanted her to come, I loved her and she was my bestfriend. "Sure Lena. I'm about to go." I said and she started over to grab her purse. "Let's go." She said and called her driver.

Lena's pov;
We made it to the cake tasting place and met Maggie and Alex. "Hey Kara, hey Lena." Maggie and Alex said. "Hey guys. I asked Kara if I could tag along, I hope you don't mind." Lena said. "Of course not, we could always use another opinion." Alex said and I smiled. Lena had on flats and I noticed I was slightly taller than her. "Since when am I taller than you?" I remarked and Lena rolled her eyes putting her hands in her pockets. "I don't know, and I don't like it." She sighed making eye contact with me. "Okay... I think we should get to tasting shant we?" Maggie said breaking the silence. "I- yeah." Kara said and we started walking around. "Oo! Look at the strawberry one. Can we try itttt?? Pleaseeee." Kara said and I blushed. She was so cute. "Okay Kara, yes yes we can try the strawberry one." Alex said and she giggled. I started to interlock our hands. I expected her to pull away but she took her hand in mine.

I couldn't help but look at her and smile. I saw her nose crinkle and she adjusted her glasses. "Sorry if my palms get sweaty. You might want to pull away, im sorry." She said looking at the ground. I pulled her cheek up and smiled. "Kar it's okay, it's okay. I don't mind, I want to hold your hand." I said reassuring. We tasted a few more cakes and ended up going with a strawberry coconut one, I agreed to help set up with the wedding along with Kara.

Me and Kara ended up going back to her house for the night. We were both tired so I decided to spend the night at her house. "Want to watch netflix on the couch?" Kara suggested and I nodded. She started to give me some clothes from her drawer. I mouthed 'thank you' and went to change in the bathroom. I came out and Kara was already sitting down with a blanket. I went and cuddle up beside her.

"What do you want to watch?" Kara asked me. "You can pick. It doesn't matter, as long as your next to me." I said and Kara looked at me lovingly with her sparkling blue eyes. We held eye contact. "Kara-," I hesitated. "Yes Lena?" Kara asked. "I- I love you, I- i'm inlove with you." I slipped out mostly regretting it.

"Y- you love me Lena?" Kara said. "Yes. I do, and i'm sorry it took me so long to admit it. I'm sorry I lead you on and ignored you- but all I ever wanted, all I want is you. I love you so much." I said slightly stuttering. Then it was just silence. Did I do something wrong?

"Did I misunderstand your feel-," Kara collided our lips and deepened the kiss. She pulled away and said "I love you too Lena. I love you more than i've ever loved anyone ever. You make me complete, i'm obsessed with your smile and the sparkle in your eyes. You're my light in a broken system, i'm so inlove with you." Kara said and I felt tear come from my eyes. "You dork, why are you crying?" Kara said laughing and I laughed. "I don't know, cause I feel like everythings going to be okay. I've never felt this way about anyone. And you with your little- you." I said smiling. "My little what?" She said giggling. "Everything about you baby." I said. "So now i'm baby?" Kara said blushing. "I- do you not like that, i'm sorry." I said looking down and Kara pulled me in for a kiss. "I love it." She said pulling away and I smiled. "Kara Danvers, will you go on a date with me?" I asked eagerly. "Yes, yes! Of course. I'd love to Lena." She said and I smirked. "Okay but wear something casual. How does 2 work for you?" I said. "2 is fine but, where are we going?" She asked and I shook my head. "It's a surprise, now let's get back to looking for a movie." I said. "Ugh okay." She groaned and I laughed. I really did love this woman.