dinner with a danvers

Kara's pov;
(around 2 o'clock)

Oh Rao, help me. Today was dinner with Lena. And I was nervous. As hell. And when am I ever nervous for DINNER.
I mean I love to eat!! With anyone else it'd have been different. I took the day off today so I could think and calm myself. I didn't even know what to wear. I mean i'd assume we are going to some fancy and expensive restaurant where everyone expects you to wear dresses that show skin. Cause that's Lena, she fancy and goes all out. One of the things I admire about her. Anyway it was like 2:3o and I didn't need to start getting dressed yet because she was picking me up at 4:30. But I did need to get dressed. And unfortunately my closets full of clothes that I could wear. FULL. It had to be absolutely stunning, for Lena.

Lena's pov;

I was on the way to pick up Kara. And kid you not, I was scared as hell. I panicked picking my outfit out. Whether it was dinner, lunch, or brunch, it felt like a date. Or- no not a date. It's no like me and Kara are madly inlove going out to dinner for the first time since we confessed? No, but i felt as if I needed to go all out. Not sure why though.

Me and my driver arrived at Kara's around 4:44. I texted her "here:)," kinda quirky but it's okay. I saw her walk out in a off-shoulder black dress, white heels, a moon necklace, and her glasses. Damn she looked good. She opened the door and got in. "Hi Lena. How was your day?" She asked and I smiled. "Good Kar, what about yours?" I saw her blush when I asked. "It was good, benge-watched tv all day. Wish you were there." She said and my heart just sunk. She wanted to benge- watch tv- with me? "Well me too Kara." I responded nervously. Then I noticed her middle part, she never wears middle parts. "Kara Danvers." I said. "Wh- what??" She asked. "You have a middle part?" I said. "Well yes, I know it's different. But i wanted to look good." She said and I laughed. "For who? Me?" I smirked. "I- I mean- Y- yes we are going to dinner to- together. Me and you, so- yes." She said stuttering. "Relax Danvers I was joking. Kinda." I said and she blushed yet again.

We made it to the dinner place. And of course it was fancy, that's me. I was hoping Kara would like it, I wanted this to go good. The waiter showed us to our seats, we sat down, and got menus. "So. Lena, any- any uh love interests." Kara asked me and I raised an eyebrow. I haven't really thought about that since i've been here. I mean theres Kara- not that I think of her as a love interest- or, maybe I do don't want to admit it. "Complicated." I replied stupidly. Why would I say that??? Now she's going to want to know what's complicated.

And she can't know it's her. I mean i've never even had feelings for a girl, I don't know how to sort this or put it into words. "Complicated like.. what? Is it someone I know?" She said. Oh wow yes Kara Danvers, you most definitely know yourself. "Yes, infact you know them very well." I was giving myself away at this point. "Oh! Really, and who might that be?" She asked and I started panicking. Then I saw the waitress walk over. "Ah! Yes, a strawberry margarita for me and the same for the stunning blonde right over there." I saw changing the subject.

"How are you just going to order for me Lena? I mean I love strawberry margarita though. And you dodged my question?" She exclaimed and I sighed. "You know, let's change the subject. How's the supering?" I tried my best to whisper. "Oh it's good. But exhausting, i'm saving the world every five seconds. I'm just glad I have time to be with you right now." She said and my heart warmed. "I'm glad i'm with you too, Kara." I said and she smiled. "You're really pretty. Like, really pretty, you know?" She said and I died. "I didn't even have to get you drunk for you to say that. You must really mean it." I said. "I do. I do." She said and the waitress came back with our margaritas. "You know you told me that yesterday." I said sipping my margarita. "Well I said it again." She said laughing. "I love spending time with you, Kara. You make me happy." I said. "Same Lena." She said and just stared into my eyes. "So. What are you ordering? I'm paying, get anything you'd dream of." I said. "Anything??" She said. "Anything Kara. My treat." I responded.

Dinner went amazing. We had plenty of laughs and it was so much fun. "Kara i'd love to do this again sometime." I said as we were driving home. We were both a bit drunk but not completely. "Me too Lena. Hey, you think I could stay at your place tonight. I'm tired and I honestly don't want to go home alone." She said and my heart started racing. Kara? Sleeping in my bed. I mean not that we'd sleep in the same bed. I think. Whatever she wants. "Yeah, sure that's fine." I said.

After 30 minutes of driving we made it to my house. "...so this is the living-" I was cut off by Kara. "Lena i've been in your house before I know where everything is. Someone had a little too much to drink." She said and laughed. "Okay whatever Kara. You can sleep in my bed and i'll sleep on the couch." I suggested. "What? No it's your house, we can just both sleep in your bed. If that's fine with you I guess. I think. I'm sorry, nevermind i'll sleep on the couch. Sorry." She said putting her head down. I lifted her head up and cupped it in my hands. "Kara it's okay, we can both sleep in my bed." I just hugged her and lead her to my bedroom. I handed her some pj's to change into and got some of my own. She went and changed in the bathroom and I just changed in my room. Soon we were both in the bed ready to sleep. She turned faced me. "Lena?" She said. "Yeah?" I asked. "I know the only reason i'm saying this right now is because i'm slightly drunk and it's driving me to but I think I have some feelings for you. Like uh- in a not friend way- i- in a girl- girlfriend way." She said and my heart was in my stomach. "You don't have to say anything I know that you don't feel-" I just cupped her lips with mine. God the best feeling i've felt in- ever. I pulled away and said "I'm sorry Kara, I.." She pulled back in for another kiss then turned over. "Goodnight Lena." She said leaving me wanting more. "Goodnight Kar, sleep well." I said. And with that our journey had begun.