Chapter 2: Bloody Valentine - Part 1

Addie's P.O.V

It had been a month since Louis had asked me to the dance, and I just could not wait for the day to come. I had bought a beautiful dress to match the necklace that Louis had given me. I tried it on in my room and twirled around happily, at the sight of me in the mirror. My eyes glance over at the direction of where my ringtone was playing. The screen of my phone was lighting up as the ringtone; Lucky, plays through the speakers of my phone. I calmly walk towards my bed and pick it up; quickly opening the message.

Nice dress you’ve got there. Too bad he won’t be able to see it.

My eyes widen at the scene as my eyes hovered across the screen, rereading the message that was sent to me through an unknown number. Turning my head, my eyes scan around my room as I walk towards the window that was slightly open. I make my way towards the area and pop my head out of the window; carefully looking around. I shiver from the cold wind that blew against my skin and quickly got back in; shutting the window and covering the screen with its curtain. 

I slowly make my way back to my bed and sit on it. I glance down at my phone and start pressing on the keys; forming a message.

Who are you? Expose yourself or I’m going to the police. Are you stalking me? If this is some sick joke, please do stop.

I stare at the message that I’ve typed for a minute and bit down my bottom lip. I hesitate whether to send it or not but sigh and press the send button. I stare down at my phone for a moment before tossing it gently on my bed. I sat here for a moment; still shaken up by the message. I take in a deep breath and close my eyes, calming myself down. 

My mind tells me that the mysterious sender had maybe forgotten about me but then, I jump up lightly; a bit shaken up as my phone rings. I grab my phone and look at the caller id and feel my heart drop. The number was unknown and I could feel my fingers start to tremble against the electronic. I gulp and answer the call; lightly pressing the phone against my ear.

“Hello?” I stammered. There was no reply, only heavy breathing that sends chills down my spine. “Look, whoever this is, it’s not funny! Just leave me alone!” I screech before I hang up. I dial my best friend’s number; Ariana, but in no luck. No one answers and it keeps going straight to voice mail whenever I tried and tried. “Why won’t she answer?” I thought to myself. I sigh and try my best to forget with whoever is tried to pull a prank on me.

I get up and walk towards my mirror; looking at myself. Valentine’s Day was coming soon and I was really nervous; thinking that maybe Louis might stand me up or even ditch me for some other girl. I sigh softly and start stripping off my dress. 

Dressing back into my pajamas, my phone starts ringing again and I groan. I quickly walk back towards my bed and grab my phone. I glance down at the caller id and sigh in relief as Adrie’s number appears on the screen.

Adriella or Adrie is Louis and Ariana’s older sister. She was also a year above the three of us, the same grade as Harry and Mia were in. I take in a deep breath and answer the phone. 

“Hey Adrie, what’s up?” I ask. 

“Hey Addie, have you seen Ariana?” Adriel asks, concern dripping from her weak voice.  “She won’t answer her phone nor is she here at home.”

“I’m sorry, Adrie. But I haven’t seen Ariana since yesterday. I tried calling her earlier as well but it went straight to voice mail.” I explain. 

On the other line, Adrie sighs, “Alright. Thanks anyways, Addie. I’ll try and talk to Mia. Goodbye, take care.” She says before hanging up.

“Ariana, where are you?” I wonder; closing my phone and laying back on my bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normal P.O.V 

“Why are you doing this!?” a young girl’s voice screams, causing the masked figure laughs.

“You actually don’t know why?” the mysterious person asks. The young girl shakes her head. The mysterious person takes its mask off; revealing a shocking face that made the young girl’s eyes widen. “Simple reason but I’m not telling you anything.” The mysterious person smiles and stands up, walking towards the small table, grabbing something sharp and shiny. The young girl starts to scream louder. “Scream all you want, no one is going to hear you.” A grin forms on the mysterious' person's face, walking towards the girl. “Goodbye dear.” The mysterious person smiles at the young girl before burying the sharp object on her stomach and hearing her screams of pain until the girl’s eyelids slowly closed. She was gone. 

The mysterious person takes a cloth and wipes the blood stains that were left behind on the knife. The killer looks down at the lifeless young girl as blood gushes out of her body. A smile dances on the person’s lips.

“What a piece of cake.” The mysterious person thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Addie's P.O.V

Everyone was starting to get worried. “Where could Ariana be?” everyone wonders in their thoughts. I was walking down the hallway and a very distressed Adrie catches my eye. “What is happening?” I wondered. I was starting to worry. I sigh softly and felt strong arms wrap around my waist from behind.

“Good morning, beautiful.” A deep voice whispers softly in my ear. I glance over my shoulder; catching a glimpse of my boyfriend, I force a smile.

“Morning, Louis.” I greet him. Louis’s lips form a frown. 

“What’s wrong?” he asks, his brows furrowing in concern. I gesture towards Adrie with my hand; causing Louis’ attention to look over at his older sister. “Yeah, Ariana’s missing.” He whispers softly. He closes his eyes and shrugs his shoulders. “She’s not answering any of our calls nor has she been home. We’re just really worried.” He explains. I nod and let a soft sigh escape my lips once again.

I start thinking of what might have happened to Ariana. I fell into in a trance. I was just staring into space. As I hear an echo of a scream from the entrance of the school; I snap out of it and snap my head quickly towards the direction. I grab Louis' hand and made a run towards the entrance with Adrie trailing from behind us. 

“Oh my...” A voice beside us gasps as we reach a crowd blocking the entrance. Adrie, Louis and I’s heads turn towards the direction of where the voice came from and saw Harry and Mia. I spot Mia, in the verge of tears. Mia breaks down and Harry kneels down beside her, wrapping his arms around her, trying his best to comfort her.

“What’s going on?” Louis asks. Harry glances up and bites down his bottom lip lightly. 

“I think you should see for yourself.” He replies. Confusion fills Louis' face. He makes his way to the front with Ariana and me following him from behind. As soon as we make our way through the crowd to the front; Louis falls on his knees, tears rolling down his cheeks. 

“Oh My…” I cry in my mind and clasp my hand on my mouth. Silent tears run down my cheeks. Ariana Tomlinson; laid lifeless on the road, wearing the prom dress that she planned on showing everyone. 

“Everyone…” a deep voice from behind them trails off, “Get back inside to your classes.”