Chapter 1: Her 12 Roses - Part 2

Normal P.O.V

Lunch time finally arrives at Beverly Hills High and students came rushing out of their classrooms and into the school's large cafeteria. The prefects had gotten their prefect schedules by their their period and duties needed to be started, today. As soon as Addie had stepped into the cafeteria, her eyes surveyed the crowded enclosed room, searching for a certain prefect that will be her partner for today. She sighs deeply, slightly giving up, but she felt a slight tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she sighs in relief. 

"There you are!" she laughs nervously. He laughs and nods his head.

"Here I am." He grins, causing Addie's cheeks to flush. "Addie, am I right?" he asks. She nods her head once and flashes a smile towards his direction. 

"Yup, and you're Louis, right?" she asks, a smile forming on her lips. It was a pretty dumb question for both of them to ask, Addie thought since they did actually knew each other but she just went along with it. He nods and extends a hand towards her for her to shake. She politely takes it in her hands and shakes it. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Addie." He says, shaking her hand. She nods and after awhile, releases her grip around his his hand, dropping her hand to her side. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, too Louis." She says, the smile not leaving her lips. Well, not until someone came into view from behind Louis.

It was Melissa.

"Hi baby." The girly voice squeals from behind, causing Louis to turn around. 

"Melissa. Hey." he says, slightly startled. "What are you doing here?" he asks. Addie notices Melissa's facial expression turn into a sudden confusion. 

"What? Can't I be with my boyfriend?" she asks, pursing her lips to a pout. Louis shakes his head and sighs. 

"Not on my prefect duty." He explains. Melissa whines and Addie chews down her bottom lip whilst she resists the urge to roll her eyes. 

"But why is 'she' here?" she hisses, gesturing towards Addie with a crumpled face. Addie shoots her a glare, but Louis stands in front of Addie, protectively. 

"It's because she's my prefect partner for the day." He explains, annoyance dripping from his voice. Melissa glares back at Gwen and glances back over at Louis, pouting. 

"But Louis!" she wines. Louis simply shakes his head. 

"I'm sorry, Melissa but-" he gets cut off. Gwen gets in the way and narrows her eyes at Melissa.

"Look, Melissa. I understand Louis is your boyfriend and all but students can't interfere with prefect duties or else you'd get detention, if you get caught by a teacher or a higher grade prefect. So, I suggest, you leave before you actually get caught." She warns Melissa, shooting a glare at the girl that stood before her, causing Melissa to shoot a glare back at her direction. 

"Why you little-" Melissa gets cut off by a cough from behind her.

"I hope you three aren't causing any trouble, especially on the first day of the new semester." A deep voice trails from behind Melissa, causing her to turn around, startled. The trio stands still and shakes their head slowly.

"Yes, of course we're not sir." Addie says in her most apologetic voice as she glances down at the floor, shame written across her face.

"Someone please explain what is happening." The principal demands in a hush tone, trying his best not to let the other students take notice of his presence. Addie glances back up at the duo beside him. She sighs and turns her attention towards the principal. 

"You see, sir…" she trails off, gently biting down her bottom lip, "Melissa was interfering with our prefect duty and I told her that she shouldn't interfere as it is because it is against the rules but she simply won't budge." Addie finishes explaining. Melissa grits her teeth and quietly lets out a soft grunt. Mr. Cyrus glances over at Addie and simply nods his head. His attention turns towards Melissa as his eyes narrows at her direction.

"Ms. Gomez, it is forbidden to interfere with prefect duties. Please do respect that rule or it's a month in detention. You're dismissed." He says. Melissa shoots a glare towards Addie and storms out of the cafeteria. If staring into someone deadly could kill, Addie would've been dead by now.

Mr. Cyrus shakes his head and turns his attention back to the two prefects that stood before him. "Carry on with your duties." He nods and calmly walks away. The duo watches him walk away and when the coast was clear, a sigh of relief escapes their lips. 

"Hey, Addie?" he calls. Addie turns her attention to him, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah?" she asks, looking at him curiously. 

"I'm sorry about Melissa." He apologizes in his most apologetic voice. "She could be a little crazy." He laughs, nervously. "More like, 'really' crazy." Addie thought before she nods her head and flashing a smile over at him.

"Don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault." She nods. "Shall we continue with our duties?" she asks. He nods and flashes her with one of his most charming smiles. "Okay, alright let's carry on." She says and turns her head away, hiding the blush that crept on her cheeks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry and Mia were strolling through the halls of Beverly Hills High where they came across a couple who were making out in the middle of the hallway. The two shrugs it off, and continues to walk towards the school's cafeteria, but instead they stop, dead in their tracks at they catch a glimpse of the couples' faces come into view as they got closer. The duo's eyes widen as their jaw drops slightly. Mia glances over at Harry and slips her phone out of her jean pocket, biting her lower gently. Harry nods and she quickly takes a snapshot of the couple in front of them. After this encounter, they cautiously make their way towards the cafeteria, eyes scanning through the big hall, searching for a certain brunette.