Ready?

Mrs. Darling laid asleep in her chair at home, just like she had all those nights before, dreaming and hoping that her children would come home. As the four Darling children stepped into their nearly forgotten nursery, the tired and worried face of their sleeping mother met their eyes.

"Mother" John smiled quietly

Suddenly Mrs. Darling gasped quietly, she was waking up.

"Let us break it to her gently" Wendy advised.

All the children nodded, quietly padding off to their bed and tucking themselves in. When Mrs. Darling awoke, she looked around the room, seeing a small lump in each little bed.

"Nana" she sighed, looking down at the dog "I dreamt my little one's had come back" as she rose from her chair she believed she was still in a dream "I dreamed they were asleep... in their beds. But they will never come back"

Mrs. Darling made her way out of the room sadly. The children didn't understand why she did not see them. But Mrs. Darling had dreamt of them in their beds so often, that it wasn't until she'd made it to the staircase, she realized this was no longer a dream.
Mrs. Darling raced back into the nursery, to see all of her beautiful children standing in a row. Her heart pounded loudly as she truly did see each one of them in front of her.

"Hello mother, it really is us" John assured

"Micheal"

"John"

"Maggie"

"Wendy, we're back"

Mrs. Darling fell to her knees, opening her arms as her children all fell into them, hugging her tight. Mrs. Darling never wanted to let go of them again. She'd missed them all so so much.

"George! Come quickly!" Mrs. Darling shouted

Her husband bounded into the room, instantly aiming for the window, but seeing it still open he turned to the rest of his family, containing a thrill inside of him.

"We're back father, did you miss us?" Michael asked

"You're back" Mr. Darling nodded, not wanting to let his emotions get the best of his demeanor, but he was cracking quickly "Good, excellent, well done" He walked over to John, holding out his hand for him.

John stood up, taking his fathers hand, and just crashing into his chest, Mr. Darling wrapped his arms tightly around his boy. Mr. Darling almost broke into tears as he fell to his knees. Maggie nudged Michael softly

"Well go on" she chuckled

Michael ran forwards, as his father opened his arms, sobbing with joy.

"Oh my angel, of course I missed you" He smiled

Wendy went soon after her brothers, all three of them holding each other close and tight. Maggie sat back watching, it was the perfect family at that moment.

"Come on Mags" John smiled

Maggie laughed softly, falling forwards and into her fathers arms. They all heard the surefire sound of Aunt Millicent not too long after, and plenty of clattering feet of the Lost Boys.

"Alright boy, follow me- get your hands off that wallpaper, now come on" she rnated "The silliest thing, these young gentlemen say that-" Aunt Millicent froze, staring at the four children in front of her "You're back" she gasped

"Ears boys" Maggie shot a quick order to the Lost boys before Aunt Millicent shrieked with happiness, leaping forwards and crushing the four children in hugs and kisses

"Mother, father" Wendy stood up "I would like to introduce the Lost Boys" They all muttered a nervous hello

"Hats" Maggie scolded

All the boys snatched them off instantly.

"May I keep them?" Wendy asked

Maggie had to cover her mouth to hide a snicker.It was an odd way of putting it, but she wasn't wrong. Mr. Darling stuttered for an answer.

"I mean- the expense" he tried

"Think of the neighbors" Aunt Millicent added

Maggie watched as all the young boys bowed their heads and pouted their lips, she once again had to stop from laughing as they played their tricks on her father.

"Oh dash the neighbors!" Mr. Darling exclaimed "And dash the expense! Welcome to the family boys!"

All the Lost Boys cheered, rushing towards the family, and actually tackling Mr. Darling to the ground. They all made a good job of introducing themselves.

Maggie watched as everyone got acquainted, except one little boy. She walked over to the second in command as he stood in the doorway.

"Slightly, what's wrong?" Maggie asked

"I couldn't find the house" he sighed "And now everyone has mother, except me"

Maggie sighed, looking over at the window, seeing a small scruff of blonde hair curl away behind the curtains.

"Come here love" she pulled Slightly along with her as she raced to the window "Peter!" she called out

The young boy stopped, floating in the air not far from the window.

"It's alright... You have to grow up" Peter shrugged

Maggie looked down at Slightly, then once again back up at Peter. She went to say something but someone's hand met her shoulder. It was her mothers.

"Hello Peter" Mrs. Darling greeted "You'll... you'll take care of her, won't you?"

Maggie's eyes widened as she looked back at her mother. She smiled down at her daughter, pulling her into a tight hug. Peter watched in amazement, as Mrs. Darling, let her baby girl go. Maggie Darling had always been meant for more than this world. She was meant for the boy, who would never grow up.

"I suppose I can't say goodbye, can I?" Maggie smiled sadly.

Mrs. Darling returned her look, shaking her head. Maggie looked down at Slightly, offering out her hand. Slightly smiled, not able to think of a better mother than Maggie herself. As Maggie took one last look at the smiling faces in her old nursery, she admired them. This was what true happiness felt like.

"Ready?"

Maggie turned back around, meeting eyes with Peter. He slowly extended his hand for her. His touch was as soft and gentle as the day they first met. Maggie held his hand tight, slowly floating into the night sky.

~*To live. Will be an awfully big adventure*~

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐻𝒾𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓃 𝒦𝒾𝓈𝓈 |•| 𝐀 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 🎉