Vincent (boyxboy)

The bricks' old, pale and dull red color was soon replaced by pure black, the graffiti spray covering the cracks time left on its trail as it passed like a blur, mercilessly having took the building's innocent beauty with it.

     It was the one place which embraced Vincent's childhood, place now dead... Years passed, friendships broke, habits faded, but Vincent remained by the building's side. Chalk turned into spray cans, lollipops turned into cigarettes, overalls turned into skinny jeans... The once innocent, chubby little child turned into a slim, grumpy, cynical teenager while the once welcoming, colorful and noisy kindergarten turned into a sorrowful, dead quiet, bleak building. 

     The sound of the spray was the one and only melody to Vincent's ears, but one day -a rainy, summer day- it blossomed into a duet. As he stopped spraying the wall so he could focus on the second sound coming from a few feet away from him, he was shocked to acknowledge someone else's presence. Getting to see someone he could actually interact with was like being brought back to reality and out of his timeless, careless, spaceless little world.

     There stood a tall teenager, facing the wall while his arm danced in swift movements, a gray spray can in his gloved hand. His hair was long and dark, falling on his exposed shoulders. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt and dark jeans, a chain loosely hanging on them. His eyelids were half closed, gaze deep in thought, as if he was staring trough the wall. Between the silky strands of his ink colored hair a headphones wire was hidden, his foot tapping in rhythm with some unrecognizable melody.

     Vincent gulped, returning his attention to the template he was pinning against the wall, then continued spraying, feeling slightly awkward. Since they were the only ones around such a desolate place, conversation was sort of expected. Or so he thought. He was never good at socializing, so he couldn't tell for sure. But the stranger didn't seem fazed about his existence, so he figured he should just stop over analyzing things.

     "I don't understand why we keep doing this, John. " the policeman said to his co-worker, as they entered the kindergarten's yard.

     "Graffiti is illegal, and this is our job. I won't let that punk kid spit on law and authorities. Besides, my pride is in the game, Mark." John responded, then fastened his pace at the sight of the one teenager who always managed to slip trough their fingers before. "Look, he even brought another imbecile. You take care of that one."

     The two men approached the teenagers, John carrying a victorious grin on his face. The heavy rain brushed off the sounds of their steps, so the 'punks' didn't see it coming. 

     The moment Vincent felt a hand violently gripping his shoulder, he gasped and turned around, paling at the sight of the familiar policeman. He was never so close to being caught before, so he was left gaping as his brain frantically searched for a way to escape. Not knowing what else to do, he turned his head towards the stranger, but he sighed in disbelief the moment he saw him running away, then jumping the one fence which always provided him with an escaping route. 

     For some reason, the sight of him just leaving him behind saddened him more than it should have. 

-----

Do you guys like the idea? It's been on my mind for a while now and.. yeah, I'm pretty proud of this. (the stranger Vincent met is in the image)

IMPORTANT STUFF: some of you might have read Vendetta, from which you probably remember Zero. He has nothing to do with this story, even though I chose Matt Tuck to be both Zero and this mysterious guy in "Vincent". I just like Matt Tuck and wanted him to show up as one of the main character so yeah. Zero is not in this story. ^ - ^

So tell me what you think about this, maybe?