031

march 20th, 2024
10:22 am

EVER SINCE SHE WAS A child, Noelani tended to be held prisoner by her emotions

When she felt something, she felt it all the way through, even the feelings that weren't pleasant had a tight grip on her.

Fear, sadness, regret... They all had held her in place at one time or another. But today, a familiar emotion was engulfing the blood in her veins.

Passion.

Jalen had his hands tight on her hips as he pulled her off of her seat and onto his lap.

"Jalen.." Noelani started to say, bracing her hands firmly against his chest in an attempt to pause his movements.

But Jalen had moved his lips to her neck and it was becoming more and more difficult for her to speak.

"Jalen.." Noelani said once more before Jalen wrapped one arm around the length of her waist, "You need to-."

"What I need to do is this." Jalen pressed his lips to Noelani's once more, effectively silencing her.

With great effort, Noelani managed to wrench his hands from her body, stand up and then cross the room, "Whew!" Jalen stood as well, clearly ready to join where Noelani was standing near the stove when she put one hand up to make him stop.

"No. Stay there. Stay over there, please." Noelani was a little breathless at how intense the kiss was, "I..." She chuckled a little bit to gather her thoughts, "Whew."

"Don't you miss me?" Jalen questioned, "Don't you still love me?"

Noelani glanced at him before returning her gaze to the floor. She almost wanted to snap at how stupid those questions were. Of course, she missed him, of course, she still loved him.

With every fiber in her being, she missed Jalen and being with him but that didn't change the rest of the truth.

"Jalen, it's not that simple and you know it," Noelani uttered finally.

The expression on Jalen's face turned from hopeful to confused and Noelani sighed then rubbed her forehead, "We can't just get back together. We just... I just can't. At least not without some time to think about it."

"Think about what?" Jalen demanded, "What is there to think about?"

"There's a lot to think about. I have a lot going on right now." Noelani muttered.