How to Lose Friends and Alienate People

"Okay," AJ said perched on the bench, the dancing light of the fire pit flames giving her a ceremonious air. "Name of your sex tape using movie titles. Go."

They had completed a tent-building challenge earlier that day, which was meant to test how well each couple worked together. As far as Seb and AJ were concerned, they were a great team. She was capable and he knew when to stay out of the way. He was in charge of refilling their water bottles while AJ pitched the tent. Which left him lots of time to laze around with Stevie. It mostly wasn't a bad time. AJ seemed cheered by the opportunity to absorb herself in some physical task. And everyone else was in good spirits, with the exception of Harry. He was in a rotten mood for some reason, complaining about every step and picking fights with anyone who looked at him funny. When he nearly started a fistfight with Bill, Stevie dragged him away into their tent. About five minutes later, Harry came out whistlin' a tune, a bounce in his step, remarking on what great fun the challenge had been. Seb was choosing not to think too hard about that one.

Instead he focused on the conversation and food. Elladine and Nicky had won the challenge and chosen hot dogs and s'mores as the celebratory meal.

Iona smirked as her hot dog caught fire over the flames. "Toy Story."

"Iron Man," Camilo said, eliciting a group groan, and an approving look from Iona.

Miki went next. "Sisterhood of the Traveling Sluts!" She said it with vigor, proud of her contribution.

Elladine laughed but shook her head. "You can't change the name. It's got to be the original title."

"A Series of Unfortunate Events," Seb chimed in, earning a few chuckles. Genevieve laughed particularly hard.

Then she sat up a little straighter as she thought of one. "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!"

"Dirty Harry," Harry said with a sly smile. The git.

Bill barked a laugh. "Hah! More like Hancock. Or Pee Wee's Big Adventure." Bill threw off a good one every once in a while.

"Or Kill Bill," Elladine said, sticking her tongue out at him playfully.

"Girl Interrupted," AJ added with a laugh that was a little more effortful than usual. He couldn't describe her behavior as anything less than perky the past couple of days, but he could tell she was still feeling a little lost after the recoupling. He didn't know how to fix that, but he did know how to make her laugh.

Seb nudged AJ to get her attention. "I got a good one. How to Lose Friends and Alienate People."

"Seb!" Genevieve scoffed as she got up to grab a marshmallow. "Yours are so morose!"

"But they're the funniest," Stevie said, waving her skewer in his direction.

Genevieve brushed a dark curl behind her ear and gave him a quick smile. "Definitely the most clever." His mind briefly lost its footing, unsure how to react. It was so direct he couldn't tell if she was making fun of him or flirting with him. But after some thought he came to the conclusion that he just wasn't used to someone like her trying it on with him. She was just so... nice. No biting edge to her flirtation. But who was he to cringe at something sweet? Why should he stick to bitter, unusual flavors of personality that you had to choke down and grow to appreciate?

"Come on!" Bill said in mock outrage. "Did you catch my 'Peewee's Big Adventure'? I'm dropping gems over here."

Genevieve ignored Bill's protests, her eyes set on Seb. "Can I sit here?" She nodded to the empty bit of bench to his left.

"Oh, sure, of course," he said a bit flustered. It was like one of those scenes from a movie where the pretty girl comes up to the unremarkable lad in the cafeteria and for some reason wants to get to know him. He looked to AJ on his other side, signaling that she should scoot down a little so he could make room. But she gave him a mischievous look and only shifted about a millimeter, forcing him and Genevieve closer together. AJ discreetly pinched his arm just to nail the point home and send him startling closer to Genevieve. She was such a little sister sometimes.