Chapter 10: The Edge of the World

It was now nighttime. Y/n walks over to the rails and looked over at the ocean while Shu was on the wheel. Y/N looks over at Shu and walks up and looks at the ocean as Shu looks over at her before looking back at the star.

Y/N: "Shu? [exhaling] Thank you for coming after me."

Shu: "Well, y... you're welcome."

Shu softly welcomed her as they both smiled at each other.

Y/N: "This life suits you."

Shu [chuckling]: "Yeah. I wasn't made for dry land. [chuckling] And you? Is it the shore... or the sea?"

Y/N exhales and walks over to him and spoke.

Y/N: "I've always loved the sea. I even dreamed of a life on it. But it wasn't meant to be. I have responsibilities in Syracuse."

She then looked down sadly.

Shu: "You really have to give it up?"

There was a moment of silence before Y/N looked back up and stared out the horizon.

Y/N: "Yes."

She looked away as Shu looked at her sadly and sighed quietly then put a hand on Y/N's, then gasping softly, Y/N looks at Shu as he smiled at her then guides Y/N to the wheel. Shu placed her hand on the wheel as Y/N looks at him in surprise and smiled at him. And Shu did a head signal as Y/N placed both of her hands on the wheel and stared straight at the ocean.

Shu: "You know, I've traveled the world, seen things no other man has seen... but nothing... nothing compares to the open sea."

Y/N: "And is this what you always wanted?"

Shu [chuckling]: "Not really. When we were young, Valt and I used to talk about joining the Royal Navy and serving Syracuse side by side. But as we got older, our lives began to change. He's a prince, and I'm... well. [chuckling] I was never jealous of him, though... until one morning, a ship came into harbor... a ship with his future on it. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen."

Y/N looked at Shu with a small frown as Shu told his life story of Valt and him.

Y/[whispering softly]: "What was on the ship?"

Shu turned to Y/N with loving eyes.

Shu: "You."

Y/N's eyes widen as a tiny blush of pink showed on her cheeks.

Shu: "Valt met you at the dock. I jumped on the first outbound ship and never looked back. Until now."

They both grab hands, as Shu slowly leaned into Y/N then Y/N putting a hand on Sinbad stopping him, then they look at a comet several of them whooshing at the star, causing an explosion and a giant rock with an opening showed up.

Shu: "The gates of Tartarus."

Xander climbs up from the lower deck, with the rest of the crew climbing up. They all covered their eyes from the bright light. Shu went back to the wheel and sailed straight towards the gate. Then the water started to splash weirdly.

Shu: "Cuza! Give me a lookout!"

Cuza climbs up to the lookout post and looks ahead and his eyes slowly widen when he sees there was no more path up ahead.

Cuza: "We're dead."

Shu: "What is it?!"

Cuza: "I-I-It just ends, Captain! It's the edge of the world!"

There was nothing at the end of the ocean as the gates were far from the ocean.

Hyuga [to Hikari]: "Pay up. It's flat."