20 - Feels too right

"You better watch out, dear brother, you're not the only one interested in beautiful Camilla in this Manor

"You better watch out, dear brother, you're not the only one interested in beautiful Camilla in this Manor."

My brother's words replay again and again inside my head.

It's angering.

I am just not sure yet about what.

Whether it is because the stable guy is hitting on her, or because my brother pretended to be fucking her to keep him away.

Neither is tranquillizing.

The fact that I have been waiting for Camila for hours now and still... no show.

The other girl must have told her, I asked to see her in my office.

My brother's long gone; it's past dinner time and nothing.

Whisky.

"I need a fucking drink."

Knock. Knock.

"Come in," I grunt.

Just like I have been expecting all day long, fair-skinned and toned legs walk into my office. Her steps are hesitant and as my eyes trail up her body, I notice that her whole body language is.

"I wasn't sure if I should come here but..."

"I would have gone to you if you hadn't." I cut her off.

"That's exactly what I was afraid of," she blushes.

"Come here."

"Your Grace, we had agreed that-"

"You decided that on your own," I cut her off with a sigh.

My legs take me closer to her, stopping just a few inches away from her. I was expecting her to bring some distance between us but she doesn't, thankfully.

It allows me to breathe her in, it's only been a couple of days but it feels like she's been avoiding me for months.

"And I tried to give you some space. Hell, I even tried to respect your decision but I can't stay away."

"Your Grace," Camilla hesitates.

"Vincent," I growl. "I have a name, use it."

"We need to keep-, I can't... Oh god," she buries her face in her hands.

"I'm sorry."

I am.

My hands find hers, detaching them from her perfect and delicate face, replacing it with my own. Surprisingly, she leans into my touch and it makes my stomach flip, for some weird reason.

"I am sorry I brought you into this, for opening this bottomless pit of desire and lust that I have for you and most of all, for how my mum and Elleanor treated you today."