6 - Family dinner

Vincent Hawthorne

I've been successfully avoiding Camilla for two days, but I know today I won't be able to.

Mother and Edgar are coming for a family dinner and I need to tell Camilla to prepare everything for their arrival.

Still, I know I'll need to keep the contact to the minimum.

I almost kissed her that night. If it weren't for the cute dog to bring me back to the real world I would have kissed her and I wouldn't have stopped until I had my way with her.

Thankfully, the apocalypse was diverted.

For now.

I seriously have no idea what did my aunt have on her mind to set up something like this. Sure, we were tight when we were kids and I spent every single moment running after her and letting her do whatever she wished when I came to visit.

But I know for a fact that my aunt wouldn't know back when she did the Will, while we were still kids, that after all of these years, I would have this incessant urge to kiss her, to fuck her.

"I am going to lose my mind," I mumble to myself while gripping the roots of my hair.

I stay that way for a couple of moments until a knock on the office door startles me.

"Come in."

"Your Grace," her sweet and melodic voice fills my ears and unwillingly, my body relaxes at the sound of her. "I've come to deliver mail."

However I don't dare look at her because I know as soon as I do, I'm a goner.

"Please, leave it here by the desk and I'll run over it later."

"Of course," she mumbles with a strained tone.

I guess last night affected both of us somehow.

But I need to keep strong.

My eyes burn holes into the paper before them while my ears focus on the sound of her heels clicking, her steps are even and rhythmic up until they halt right before my desk. Her ankles and shoes enter my sightline.

That is enough for the battle between 'want' and 'should' finish in my mind, with the want, obviously winning. My eyes rise slowly, drinking in the curves of her body, all the way up until they land on her shiny chocolate eyes.

"Here," her voice, soft, is enough to bring a warm feeling to my chest.

"Thank you," I say, looking away from her plump lips. "I need you to prepare things for a family dinner tonight. My mom and Edgar are coming."

She nods before asking: "Any special request for tonight's menu?"

"If it's not a hassle, I'd like some salmon. How it will be cooked can be up to you, as well as the rest of the food."

"Of course, Your Grace," she gives me a small smile.

Our eyes linger on each other, thickening the air around us. I should be looking away and not give in to her but I can't, it's like I'm in a trance.

Her eyes are shiny and the artificial light of the office highlights all her beautiful features. The prominent cheeks, her slanted eyes covered in big and thick eyelashes and her plump pink lips. She's gorgeous and every time I look, I find a new detail that I love about her.

Like the small beauty mark on her right cheek, close to her jaw.

How I'd like to kiss it...

Oh, fuck. Not again.