chapter twenty-three

<>

Author's Note: Andra's christening outfit on the multimedia

<>

New private female order of precendence as ordered by HM The Queen, as follows:

1. HM The Queen

2. HRH The Princess Royal
3. HRH Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Mrs. Angus Ogilvy
4. HRH Princess Hope of Wales
5. HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
6. HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

<>

London, 2013

"Oh my, isn't he a cute little thing..." Andra cooed at her nephew. She let him clutch on her finger as she played with him. "Georgie the wombat! Auntie loves Georgie."

William and Catherine watched Andra as she played with their son. A small smile appeared on William's face, he turned to his wife who gave him the same smile.

"Auntie is annoying Georgie," Harry mockingly cooed.

Andra pouted. "Well, aren't you quite the villain?" She looked up at her brother with a cheeky smile. She stood up from being seated with the infant Prince George coddled in her arms.

"He really likes Auntie Elliephant, doesn't he?" Harry directed the comment to William.

"She's got the special touch. He cries when I pick him up, but he doesn't cry with Cath or Andra. He has his favourites." William said.

"Aw, you love him all the same." Andra rocked the baby in a rhythm.

"It's time to go," Prince Charles entered the drawing room with Camilla. He smiled when he saw his daughter carrying George. "Hand George to Catherine, Andra. We'll be going there first."

Andra happily gave George to Catherine. "I'll see you there, wombat," she cooed before leaving with Harry, Camilla, and her father.

<>

They were greeted by the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Queen, and Prince Philip when they arrived at Chapel Royal, St. James' Palace.

Andra curtsied to her grandmother before giving her a kiss on the cheeks. "Good morning, Your Majesty." She greeted them, then she turned to her grandfather and did the same thing as a routine. "Your Royal Highness."

William and Catherine soon arrived with the little Prince. The Royals had a little conversation with the Archbishop before going into the Chapel Royal for the christening. Inside, the Cambridges' chosen godparents were already seated.

Andra passed by Hugh, winking at him before continuing to her seat beside her stepmother. He shook his head as he tried to hide the amused smile on his face.

"You flirt, I saw that," Harry whispered. Andra whipped her head to her brother and gave him a warning but Harry being himself, shrugged it off. "You two have been sharing that kind of glance since you came back from Africa."

"What glances?" She acted like she didn't know exactly what he was talking about.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Just date already. You've been single long enough," he said.

"What's with the sudden interest in my dating life, Haz?" Andra smirked.

"Nothing." Andra gave him a look of disbelief. He silently scoffed. "It's really nothing. Why don't you believe me?"

"Because you... you never do anything for anything. Oh my," her lips gaped upon realizing. "You're betting on my love life."

"I am not," he lowly replied.

Andra was about to counter when the whole shindig began. Harry grinned cheekily at his sister before facing the altar.

Forty minutes passed by quickly, then they were all off to the post-christening party hosted by Prince Charles and Camilla at Clarence House.

"Hello, you." Hugh approached her with a small serving of cake. "Care for some cake?"

"You didn't have to ask," she beamed, picking up the small spoon and taking a piece of the cake. "What do you think of your new adult responsibility?"

"Quite fun. Your nephew, my godson, seems to be a good baby. He hasn't cried!" Andra laughed at his answer. "I think I'll have fun being The Godfather."

"Oh, a movie reference," she pointed out.

He smiled widely. "When are you going back to Cambridge?" He queried.

"In a few days." Andra took another piece of cake. "I'm spending the rest of my half-term break with my grandparents at Windsor. How about you? No plans?"

"I'll be staying in London before returning up North."

"Let's go out sometime, then?" Andra suggested.

"Sure, Wind." Hugh agreed. He didn't put much thought into it. He was already sure he didn't have a chance with his best friend, romantically.

"I meant... what I meant was... will you go out with me? On a date? Uhm... oh geez, uh... I'm asking not as your childhood friend. Uh..." Hugh Grosvenor froze on his spot, looking at her with surprise. "I'm asking you out not as a friend-"

Hugh cut her off. "I think I get what you meant."

"So, what do you think?"

"Of course, yes." He smiled brightly and it made Andra smile too.

<>

BREAKING! Princess Andra is seen leaving the post-baptism party with Hugh Grosvenor

<>

"We can do something about it," The Queen told Andra while eating breakfast in Windsor. "If you want us to clear things up with the press about your relationship with Hugh, we can certainly do something about it."

Andra shook her head. "It's alright, Granny. I haven't spoken to the press about my private life for quite some time, I'd like to keep it that way for a while."

"For a while?" Prince Philip arched his brow and tilted his head toward her. "What do you mean by that?"

"I asked him out on a date," Andra answered with a smirk.

"Who asked who?" The Queen asked, confused by Andra's admission.

Andra chuckled. "I, Hope Alexandra Victoria Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor, asked him, Hugh Richard Louis Grosvenor, to go on a date with me," she repeated clearly. "He agreed."

"Oh my goodness. Are you sure about this?" The Queen said with great concern.

"Grove stood by me whenever I went through a terrible time. He never failed to cheer me up or call me to check on me, or just be with me. These days... he's been my comfort. Cliche as it is, he's one of my many rocks." Andra mused. She let out a deep, relieved sigh. "He's home, Granny. And, I want to give this a chance."

<>