28

monday, 30/09/1995

"We're now fifteen minutes into the game and it's 60 to 20 for the Hufflepuffs! Slytherin still don't seem to have found themselves today, what's going on with them?" Lee Jordan's voice resounds through the pitch, followed by laughter and bawling.

What's going on with them? Yeah, what's going on today? What's going on with me? I don't know how but I made it here after all, I didn't want to go back to the castle. 

Distraction, I need distraction, and Quidditch is a good one. I just wish so much I were alone here watching, because the squeezing crowd is really hard to stand. Especially with Blaise shouting into my ear the entire time.

Everyone is pretty annoyed, frustrated expressions are painted onto the faces of every green robed person surrounding me. 

"What are they doin'?!" Blaise looks completely upset, his eyes wide as he shouts around, totally out of it. Like many here. As my gaze returns to the pitch, not much has changed, still the same chaos, this match is atrocious. Because our team really hasn't found itself, teamwork is missing in the dynamic and pretty much everything else is going wrong.

The main problems in the whole thing are none other than Draco and Theo who seem to have bloodlust today.

Instead of playing along, they chase each other like demented lunatics, at high speed, close to the edge of the spectators' stands. 

"Malfoy you're supposed to catch the snitch not your teammates," Lee Jordan laughs into the microphone, along with everyone else. 

"Morons," Blaise grinds, and all I can do is nod. Tensely nod. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid for them. They're flying very high and sometimes so close to each other that they almost collide. If they fall from there, something serious happens. 

Why are they being so ridiculously douchey? Just at that moment Draco suddenly catches up, flying forward next to Theo. For a moment it looks as if they want to kick each other off their brooms, which makes my hair stand on end. God in heaven what is this?

The urge to rush down, grab a broom, fly up and stop this disaster is huge. But by the time I'd get down there, so much time would have passed that the game would be over. Realising that I'm helpless, that I can only watch, makes me sick, but it's also reassuring. 

I'm not responsible for them, although it kind of feels that way. No, I don't have to take care of them, but what if they can't do it themselves? The next time I look back into the middle, the scene looks much better. Theo has now returned to his normal position. Have they talked? Did they agree on something? Well, I can ask them that later. The important thing is that no one gets hurt.

"We're 20 minutes into the game now, it's looking good for the Hufflepuffs!" Lee's voice rattles in my ears.

 I watch as a Bludger is hurled in Theo's direction. My shoes skid crisply across the muddy floor as I stretch out my legs, my breath caught. He blocks it and I breathe a sigh of relief. But too soon, because he didn't just block it. Theo launched the Bludger full force into the direction of Draco, who is flying with his back to him and can't see it. 

"Nott your opponents are yellow not green," Lee sounds mocking. He has every reason to be. I don't feel like laughing at all though. As if in slow motion, the Bludger flings towards Draco, closer and closer. It's going to hit him, I know, I try to look away. But I cant. My eyes remain fixed on what is happening. 

Why doesn't anyone say anything? It's as if they all want the Bludger to hit him. Finally, just before it slams into Draco's back, he pulls up. He seems to have spotted the Snitch. 

Shit, that was so close.

Relieved but angry, I look back at Theo. I could swear that, despite the distance, I can see an angered look on his face. What an asshole.

. . .