A Month to Love (30)

It was entirely possible I was having a good dream or I was having a good morning. I hadn’t decided yet between the two options. All I knew so far was that it smelt pretty good where I was laying and I already knew the reason.

Although, I wasn’t sure why we were getting woken up at this ungodly hour. I could hear Remi’s annoying voice and Raegan responding every now and then but I was far too lazy to bother listening into their conversation. Instead, I managed to tighten my hold around Raegan’s waist and pressed my face into her hair which was the source of the nice smell. It was a comforting smell. Coupled with being warm and sleepy it was a nice combination.

I was hoping Remi would take the hint and kindly go away but alas, she wouldn’t shut up.

‘What’s all the talking about?’ I grumbled out, backing away slightly to stretch my limbs and shooting her a glare which she most likely didn’t even see.

‘There’s a visitor in your bed,’ Raegan replied in an amused tone.

I squinted over at her as she spoke, noting that she looked a hell of a lot better than she did last night. Her cheeks were pink and full of life again plus she looked like she was entertained by my dissatisfaction at being rudely woken up this early on a Sunday. Better than being sad and in pain at the very least.

‘Too early to talk Remi,’ I said, barely stifling a yawn and throwing myself back down onto the nearest pillow.

Maybe Remi would leave if she felt grossed out by us. Using this thought, I attempted to get back into a more snuggly position like before with Raegan but apparently, she wasn’t having it. I received a sharp flick to the forehead which I can’t say I liked.

‘That’s from Remi,’ Raegan explained.

‘Thanks,’ I replied, accepting the fact that my good morning was officially over with. Well, it was nice while it lasted. ‘How’s the head?’ I asked, wondering whether she was feeling as better as she looked.

Raegan’s smile faltered for a moment.

‘Fine,’ she replied. ‘It was only a headache.’

It was mildly infuriating that she wasn’t completely honest about how she really felt but at least she’d let me take care of her. It was better than nothing. Still, I couldn’t help the frown creeping onto my face. I needed a distraction. Today was not the day to think about her many mysteries.

‘So,’ I said, directing my words to my sister. ‘Where’s your toy boy?’

It made no sense really – Kyle was older than her. But I was not awake enough yet to think of anything more fitting. Nor did I care enough.

‘He was going to pee when I left him,’ Remi replied casually from where she’d taken up the other side of the bed.

‘I didn’t ask for his exact location,’ I grimaced. Didn’t need to know Kyle’s bathroom schedule that’s for sure.

‘Jeez, sorry to interrupt the slumber party,’ Kyle’s voice said from the other side of the room before he closed the door behind himself. ‘Is this an open invitation?’

I was actually hoping everyone would get the hell out of my room so I could go back to sleep. Mostly everyone. Sundays were meant to be a restful day! Not a getting up at the crack of dawn day!

‘No boys allowed,’ Raegan told him.

‘Bradley’s a guy,’ Kyle pointed out.

‘You’re mistaken.’

‘Hey,’ I protested, feeling like I needed to defend myself at least a little. ‘I can prove it.’

‘We’ll all need some evidence to back that claim up,’ she smirked at me.