A Month to Love (14)

It suddenly occurred to me when Aunt Susan called and confirmed she was coming over next weekend, that I had to start planning every day from Monday onwards. Now this might sound like a chore, but in reality, planning days out with the girl I liked... rather exciting.

So, now that I knew next weekend, or well Saturday night and probably the majority of Sunday was off limits, I had to think more carefully.

What things could we do in the evenings and what would take all day? So, I made a list. A hastily scribbled list on the back of a receipt as I listened to Remi trying to end the conversation to Suze. She liked to talk a lot in person and over the phone.

The Idiot’s Plan

-beach?? the beach house in florida? too far
-carnival for sure – definitely after school
-that rose garden place off the highway – double check opening times
-cliff me and mom found a few yrs ago – can probably go after school
-swimming? water park? indoor ski centre? indoor rock climbing place – if weather is bad ?
-lagoon lounge?
-dinner out? or dessert bcos she likes sweet things
-museums, art galleries?  outside places if possible – is there an outdoor cinema near us?
-zoo, aquarium – need to check this online, local ones suck!!!
-mom's ? far away...

DETENTION ALL NEXT WEEK REMEMBER!!! (thanks raegan) >:(

It was a start. And would probably need much review.

I heard the front door opening and closing and assumed Raegan and Kyle had returned from their coffee run. Good, I needed to wake the hell up.

I carefully folded the receipt up, trying not to smudge the ink, and tucked it onto my pocket out of sight and just in time because Raegan and Kyle returned to the kitchen, coffee in hand, just as Remi hung up the phone with Suze. I gave her a look of understanding. I’d been the one to answer her call last time and knew just how difficult it was to get rid of her.

‘Who was that?’ Kyle asked.

‘Aunt Susan,’ I replied, making my way over to Raegan and helping her distribute the drinks.

I soon wished I’d taken my drink and left the room as the conversation somehow turned into discussing Remi and Kyle's private life which I really didn’t want to hear about. This ended up in Remi fiercely dragging Kyle from the room to ‘make out and more’.

Luckily my mind was focused on other things so the image didn’t get too stuck in my brain. I didn’t usually leave things until the last minute and now I was panicking a little. Okay, tomorrow I would just have to sit down and make sure I had our affairs in order. If I wanted Raegan to tell me her secret then I’d have to give her a reason to.

It was easy to banter with Raegan. So easy in fact that I found myself in dangerous territory once more without realising how I got there. Dangerous meaning... on the verge of giving up and kissing her that is.

It wasn’t until I’d warned her once more to not tell anyone about the whole razor incident earlier this morning that I realised I was far too close to her and it was nearly impossible to move away.

‘Your pulse is fast,’ I noted, hand resting on her neck.

It was. Racing like a little frightened rabbit in fact. Mine was too but I had my own reasons for that. Usually when I was this close to her, my nerves made an appearance.

‘Must be the coffee,’ she replied just as quietly.

‘Yeah, maybe,’ I replied distractedly.