IX - 𝗩𝗜𝗣𝗦

I'm currently bawling my eyes out in front of a ton of people. They probably think I'm weak, but I don't care. Ji-yeong didn't deserve to die. She never even got to live her life. 

While I think about Ji-yeong, I see someone come up to me. I look up and Sae-byeok is standing in front of me. 

"I was thinking about you in there. I knew how hard it'd be for you." She says, looking down

"It is hard." I say, wiping my nose. 

"Is it okay if I just...keep you company?" 

"That'd be great actually." I say, sitting down against the white walls. I think they might be keeping us here until everyone's finished. 

Sae-byeok sits next to me, silent. We sit there for a while, but that short time means the world to me. I feel so lonely, I just want to go home. 

When the last person leaves the room, the guards line us up. I'm still crying, but It's not as bad as before. 

They lead us down the stairs and everyone's silent. I guess a lot of other people feel like I do. 

When we enter the main room, I see Mi-nyeo laying down. 

"How is she still here?"  I think. 

"Hey Deok-su. You're finally back." She says, waving. 

She then goes on to say that they let her go since she was the last one left.

"That could've been Ji-yeong. Why did I parter up with her? I'm so stupid. If I would've checked the walls she would've been alive. This is all my fault." I think, only feeling guilt. I could've stopped this. 

"Your mealtime begins now. All players, please come out to the front and form a line at the center." The PA woman says, almost immediately. 

I line up, still feeling numb. I get handed a potato and a bottle of water, and I go straight to my bed. I just turn the potato in my hand for a while, not eating it. 

Sae-byeok comes and sits next to me, not saying a word. 

I look up at the screen, and I see there's only 17 of us left. And only two more games. All I want to do is leave this place. 

"I'm sorry." Sae-byeok says, out of the blue

"What?" I say, looking to her

"I'm sorry for ignoring you. Now I realize that I was overreacting." She says, tucking her knees in

"It's fine." I say "Do you want this? I'm not that hungry." I extend the potato to her

"No, I'm not that hungry either." She says leaning against the backboard

Then, number 69 walks down the stairs, crying. 

"Let's end this. I can't do this anymore." He says "We can stop if the majority agrees, if nine of us agree, we can get out of here." He begs

"Doesn't anyone want to leave? If you want to leave with me, please stand up." He says, sounding hysterical

I think of standing up, I do want to go home don't I? But I decide not too. These people already think I'm weak. 

The man then breaks down,"How can you call yourselves human!?" He yells, tears streaming down his face. "You really want to continue this insanity?! Because of that money!?"

"His partner was his wife." Sae-byeok whispers to me

"You just killed the person you were closest too in this place, because of that money!"He yells