CHAPTER XI: The Cursed Conflict

<<Back at Loke's ship>>

    Jude approached the door to the captain's chamber and tried talking to Lucy. He said that he was proud of her for making the right choice of marrying Loke. But Lucy didn't reply. In reality, the blondie had used the sheets of Loke's bed to escape through the window. Then, she took a boat and headed over to the Black Phantom in order to rescue Nasu's crew.

    Meanwhile, Jude started worrying because his daughter wasn't answering. He opened the door and exalted after not seeing her around. At that moment, the cursed pirates finally arrived. They walked all the way while submerged in the sea and jumped into the ship. The officers startled at that moment, but Loke wasn't there.

    Loke and a few more of the celestial officers were already waiting near the shore to ambush the pirates. However, one of the officers rang the bell of the ship and warned Loke of what was going on. "Everyone! Go back to the ship! Now!" Loke ordered as everyone began rowing.

    Jude then noticed what was going on at the main deck and locked himself inside the captain's cabin. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. The pirates were in their skeleton form, and were killing the few officers guarding the ship.

<<Meanwhile at the cave>>

    Natsu was waiting alongside Jose and one more pirate. He was examining the many other riches that were scattered around. "I gotta say, Natsu... I thought I had you figured" Jose said. "But you turned out a hard man to predict"

    "You think so?" Natsu replied. "Well... Maybe it's cause I'm dishonest. And you can always count on a dishonest person to be dishonest" Natsu slowly approached the other pirate. "To be honest, it's the honest people who should worry about. Cause as honest as they are, you can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly... stupid"

    At that moment, Natsu kicked the pirate into the water and stole his sword. Jose startled and immediately drew his sword as well. Then, both enemies finally clashed against each other. This was Natsu's plan. Or to be more specific, his improvisation.

"I should've figured this was all a trick. Your time is running out! Just like Makarov's time ended long ago!" Jose yelled angrily.

    The pirates continued crossing swords, and neither of them were giving the slightest chance for the other to counterattack. Nor were they planning on giving up. But then, Natsu managed to kick Jose's hand holding the coin and the vial with Lucy's blood. The coin fell somewhere around and the vial broke in pieces.

    "You idiot! What have you done?!

    "Can't you see? I've clearly made you mad... hehehe..." Natsu replied as both of them continued fighting.

<< Meanwhile at the Black Phantom>>

    The pirate who was left in charge of the Black Phantom was mocking the prisoners. He was laughing hard while telling them how they were going to be killed in the most brutal of ways when his captain returned. However, it was also then that Juvia suddenly intervened.

    The blunette knocked down the pirate with a painful and sudden hit on the head. Then, she approached the cell with a troubled face and opened it, leaving everyone in shock.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Gray asked in disbelief.

    "I... I don't wanna keep up with this anymore" Juvia muttered. "Curse or not, I don't wanna keep killing for that maniac of Jose"

Everyone widened their eyes, but then Juvia offered her help to defeat the other pirates. After that, they all gathered at the main deck and found Lucy there, who was trying to figure a way to save Natsu.