CHAPTER IX: The Blondie and the Pinkette... alone

Natsu's crew had been captured and apprehended. But Jose knew that the ones who truly deserved his wrath at that point were 2 particular people: the pinkette who stole the last coin of the treasure, and the blondie whose blood he needed to break the curse.

"It was a nice try, Natsu. Don't feel bad" Jose mocked Natsu as this last one grunted.

Then, Jose ordered his men to set the course towards a very specific place: the tiny island where Natsu was abandoned last time. When they arrived, they prepared a plank.

"Wh-what are you going to do now? Lucy asked. "You gonna abandon me here? If I recall correctly... you need me, right?

"Oh, sweetheart. You didn't pay attention to my story, did you?" Jose replied. "Last time I brought you with us cause I had hopes of... Well... playing with you a bit. But now that you've made me mad, I'll just take what I really need: your blood"

    Jose grabbed Lucy's hand and made another cut on it. He ordered his 2nd in command to bring a tiny vial he had, and then spilled a bit of Lucy's blood inside.

    "There... This should be enough" After that the whole crew gathered around Lucy and forced her to walk over the plank. "You know? Now that I think about it, it would be a real shame to ruin a fine piece of art. So how about you return the dress first?"

    Lucy widened her eyes as the cursed pirates began laughing. However, she ended up swallowing her shame and taking off the red dress. She was now wearing her pajamas and nothing more.

    "Good... Now walk"

    Lucy had no choice, she backed up more and more until she finally fell into the ocean. After that, it was Natsu's turn. "Y-you know? Last time I was given a pistol" Natsu said.

    "Well said, Dragneel! Here!" Jose gave Natsu a pistol with one sole bullet. "One pistol... One bullet... I could kill you right now if I wanted, but I doubt you'll be able to escape this same place twice. So how about you shoot the blondie and then starve to death?  HAHAHAHAHA!"

    After that, Natsu was forced to walk until he fell into the ocean as well. Both the pinkette and the blondie swam all the way to the tiny island. The Black Phantom left in the meantime. Therefore, Natsu and Lucy were finally left alone.

    "AARRRGH! It's the second time that piece of trash takes the ship which was supposed to be mine!" Natsu yelled, angrily.

Then, he took a seat at the beach and did nothing but wait for many hours. In the meantime, Lucy treated her wound with a piece of her pajamas, but she didn't say a word either because she wasn't sure about it. After a while, she finally gained the courage and approached the pinkette in order to discuss their next move. However Natsu wasn't motivated anymore.

"Hey! Come on! You can't give up now!" the blondie claimed. "Levy told me everything. You escaped this island before, so you can surely do it again!"

    "No, you don't get it!" Natsu replied.

    "What do I not get? You all may be pirates, but I'm not a fool! I can help you with what you need!"

    "No... no no..."

    "Just tell me how you escaped last time and I'll follow every step!"

    "No no no... Just shut your mouth..."

    "Don't give up yet!"

    "Shut up! I didn't escape this place, okay?!" Natsu finally snapped as Lucy trembled in fear at his tone. Then, the pinkette faced downwards and told the blondie the truth. "I... I didn't escape this place at all, okay?. This island was once a famous exchange point for merchants. So when one of them arrived here, I was rescued. That's all it was... Just mere luck"