FEARSOME✓ 07

It had been awhile since I was awake for the morning rush in the estate. Ladies hustled all about getting ready for the day and preparing to eat breakfast. Everything felt so much more, royal during the day time.

If I had to compare it to something it would be like those concubine quarters that emperor's have in the books.

After leaving my room I made haste to the hot spring, Yukiyo had assured me that she would bring me a new Yukata to change into afterwards so I carried nothing but myself and the soiled clothes that stuck to me.

I paid little mind to the looks I received on my way. I wasn't a new face to them, but rather a rare sight, and my unclean look at the moment only fueled nasty remarks.

"Aw, little miss samurai must have got bested at her own game." One lady wearing a pink kimono snickered to another as I exited through the door that lead to the springs. I ignored the remark, her hushed tone told me that she wasn't intending on me actually hearing her. Shutting the door behind me, my movements flattered as I heard the splashes of movement in the water.

Unfortunately, mornings were a popular time for bathing.

Eight other ladies all occupied the waters, and their attention was all turned to me the moment I stepped out.

I bit back a curse before letting my frustrations go with a sigh. So what if I had to undress Infront of these girls, we've all got the same goods.

I undid the belt to my outfit and unbuttoned the ruined top of the crimson outfit Kokushibou had made me wear. Now that I think about it, it was for the best that he supplied the clothes that he later torn to shreds. However it saddened me a little when I remembered that my Haori was still missing, but that wouldn't be the only thing downing my spirits today.

Once I was left in only my bra and pants I realized just how badly I was beat the other night. Shallow cuts littered my body and bruises blossomed on my arms and legs where I had to deflect hits.

The old bruise on my wrist was almost completely gone, it's colors dull in comparison to the new ones.

Atleast these ladies knew when to stay quiet. Shaking away the dark thoughts growing in the back of my mind, I finished undressing and quickly slipped into the warm body of water that awaited me.

After a few minutes the stuffy silence vanished and the chattering began once again, two ladies up and left after getting dressed and Miss Yukiyo even stopped by to drop off fresh clothes for me as I washed myself.

My fingers worked through my messy hair as I listened in on the conversations around the pool.

"Master Douma summoned three ladies to his chamber last night." One whispered to her group.

She sounded... Almost jealous. I shook my head and dunked my face underwater. I'll never understand the appeal of being devoured by a demon, but then again, do these ladies even know that's what happens?

With a flip of my hair I resurfaced and wiped the water from my face. Seeing as I was finished with my business and felt quite famished, I almost got out of the pool before a strong scent stoped me in my tracks.

My eyes snapped over to the shaded pavilion on the other side of the hot springs but there was nothing out of the ordinary to be seen.

I knew that I had smelled Upper Moon Two close by, yet I can't see him. A stray wind maybe? Freshly opened window?

I hesitated a few more seconds before quickly scurrying to grab a towel and moving to where the pavilion was out of sight.

I'm not ashamed of my body, simply modest.