FEARSOME✓ 03

I bit my finger as I sat up from the floor in thought. It was dark and I had no idea where I was other than what I saw around me, but the place smelled like upper Moon two, alongside many other human scents. The last time I awoke I remember being in some sort of strange domain with weird architecture that defied physics, the whole place smelled of multiple demons, and I was being carried by one of them. However, as soon as I had made a move I was knocked out again.

It was probably that bastard Kokushibou, even though I was overwhelmed with scents when I woke up in that place, something tells me it was him. At this moment, It didn't really matter though. Now that Natsuyo's gone I refuse to become a demon, so I've got to take a stand somehow.

Maybe I'll seek out the Demon Slaying Corps. That would probably be the best route in my quest for Natsuyo's revenge, even if he was against me joining them in the first place.

I'll exact vengeance for him, or I'll die trying.

Amidst my thoughts, I felt foots steps approach and shortly heard the door slide open. A dim yellow light from a lantern poured in, stinging my eyes that had adjusted to the darkness. A kind old woman who wore a navy blue kimono stood in the doorway, her lips forming a gentle smile.

"It's nice to see you awake finally miss, may I come in and assess your wounds?" The women asked. She was a human, so I nodded giving her permission to enter. As she made her way to me, I started to wonder about what wounds she was talking about. I don't remember becoming injured at any point in my attempted battle with Upper Moon one, and I didn't feel any discomfort at the moment besides the ache in my back from sleeping for so long.

"Excuse me miss, but may I ask where am I?" I said as she placed the lantern beside her, settling down next to me.

" We're at the home base of the Eternal Paradise Cult, Douma-sama's residence." The women's smile grew larger as she spoke the man's name, who I soon realized was Upper Moon Two. She then gently asked me if I could pull down the collar of my kimono and I complied.

Even in the dim lighting, I could see a deep purple bruise that came down from my neck all the way to my collar bone. Kokushibou must have hit me way harder than necessary to knock me out, whether it be on purpose or by accident. "How terribly painful that looks." The woman muttered as she dipped her clothed fingers in what I assumed was a numbing ointment.

I grabbed her wrist and shook my head. "No need, I barely feel it. I don't think I need any treatment for a simple bruise." I said sternly. She tried to insist but I refused her, and after giving me a defeated look she gently placed the rag back into the concoction. "Well then, could you follow me to the throne room? Douma-sama insisted on seeing you once you woke. He wanted to welcome you to the Eternal Paradise." The woman sweetly smiled. Her presence emanated a sort of kindness that the rest of the estate lacked.

From the admiration seeping off this woman, I knew she didn't know Upper Moon Two for his true self. The manipulative bastard must have tricked her into finding comfort here until he decides to devour her. How sad, like a blind lamb in a wolf's den. And by all the overwhelming smells and vibrations in this place, she's most definitely not the only one.

I sighed and nodded my head. We stood, me more slowly, and the women grabbed the lantern to lead the way through the halls. There were many other rooms, and from what I could tell this whole place held mainly, if not only, female residents.

How peculiar.

We reached a room with a grand entrance and the woman knocked three times, the door seemingly opening on its own as if inviting us in. We entered the darkroom with only her lantern and the moonlight that leaked in from open windows illuminating the room.