Friends

—When Rona walked out of her room, she stopped by the door and was shocked to see the friends her mom was talking about.

Two guys were sitting on the couch. Seokhoon, who was smiling at her and behind him was Minhyuk who raised his right hand and said, "Hi." 

She walked back to her room and closed the door.

What are they doing here?

***

"Joo Seokhoon?" Seokhoon heard a familiar voice behind him. He turned around to find Minhyuk, climbing up the painted stairs, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Joo Seokhoon! What are you doing here?" Minhyuk asked him.

"And how about you?" he countered.

"Heol." Minhyuk pointed at him. "You too?!"

"What?" 

"You remember everything, too? You're here, so does that mean Rona remembers as well?"

"I don't know," he lied. However he is not so sure if Rona really remembers but for him, there is a huge possibility. The fact that she did not show up at the Admission Test was one of the reasons why he thought so. He came here to see it for himself after someone kinda convinced him to do so.

"So does that mean you came to check her too?" Minhyuk asked.

"Why do you have so many questions?"

"I'm just curious."

"Why do you have to check her? Is it necessary?" Seokhoon questioned.

"Yah! She's my friend! I'm worried about what happened to her that day."

"Friend," Seokhoon scoffed and looked at his side, rolling his eyes. 

Minhyuk smirked and was about to tease him when a familiar voice of a woman spoke, interrupting them both.

"Do you need anything?"

They both looked at the person who spoke and Seokhoon was startled for a moment but then composed himself and greeted the woman in front of them.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo," Seokhoon said politely, slightly bowing his head while Minhyuk stared at Yoonhee with wide eyes.

"Daebak," Minhyuk whispered and Seokhoon nudged him.

Minhyuk glanced at him before nodding at Yoonhee. "Hello, ahjumma."

"Are you perhaps looking for someone?" Yoonhee asked, shifting her gaze from Minhyuk to Seokhoon.

The two exchange a look and a glimmer of understanding passed between them. "Yes," they both said. 

***

"So you are friends with Rona?" Yoonhee asked, unaware of the scene behind her. 

Minhyuk glanced at Seokhoon who was glaring at him so he then looked away with his lips pressed tightly, misunderstanding Seokhoon's reaction as 'angry because I only introduced him as Rona's friend. Like what did he expect me to say?'

They are climbing up the stairs to Yoonhee's place as they told her that they came to see Rona.

"Y-Yes, ahjumma," it was Minhyuk who answered. It was his idea anyway.