Apprehension

Si Ming was delighted when Fengjiu asked him to join her for breakfast.
"I had a very strange dream." She confided in him and he furrowed his brows. She explained the dream with the white light and watched as his eyes grew wide.
"What do you know about it?" She asked, seeing the recognition in his eyes.
"I have heard a similar story before." He told her and she sighed.
"I have met with fate before. But she has never come to me in a dream before." She told him, wondering if she had dreamt the whole thing.
"I think she wants you to trust your fate." He told her and she listened, thinking deeply.
"I must be cautious of Dong Hua Dijun. I do not want to get my heart broken again." She told him and he nodded understandingly.
"He has nothing but time." He assured her and she nodded.
"I will try to contemplate less on my fate." She decided and Si Ming was glad to hear of it.

He immediately reported his learnings from breakfast back to Dong Hua.
"She is apprehensive." He noted and Si Ming cocked his head to one side.
"I think perhaps I would be too. You have a dream where fate tells you to trust the man who broke your heart? How could you believe her?" He asked and Dong Hua huffed.
"Yes, I am aware of this." He told him, wondering what he could do to make her trust him again.
"How are you feeling? Your essence appears to have completely returned." Si Ming marveled.
"I think I will go to the bath today. I need to relax." He told him and Si Ming nodded.
"I would like to go alone." He added and Si Ming chuckled.
"Of course."

Fengjiu was rather bored by her second day in the heavens. Ah Li was in the mortal world with his parents, her father was aiding Hua De and Zhe Yan was always talking with someone. She sat in the garden of the palace and sighed. She couldn't understand why people wanted to be here so badly. If she was at home, she could go out on the lake with Migu, or go to the market, she could cook or brew tea. But here, all of those things were done by servents. She really did wonder if people sat around talking and drinking tea all day and decided it was a very boring existence.

Dong Hua spotted her in the gardens on his way to the baths. He smiled, seeing her pick her hairs apart one by one.
"Are we not entertaining you, Jiuer?" He asked, making her jump. He hadn't called her that name in hundreds of years and he could tell she noticed it to.
"I don't understand what you all do all day." She huffed, pushing her hair behind her back.
"Perhaps you are too young for the tranquil life." He supposed and she nodded.
"Yes, I think I am. In Qing Qiu, there is so much to do. But here, everyone just drinks tea and talks all day." He chuckled, wondering if she knew the importance of those conversations.
"What would you like to do?" He asked and she thought for a moment.
"I want to gather vegetables and cook and eat delicious food." She told him and he cocked his head to the side.
"You want to do a maid's work?" He asked, confusion in his voice.
"I think my happiest time in the heavens was when I was a maid." She reminisced.
"I remember that time well, you caused nothing but trouble." He told her and she turned a deep shade of red.
"Well, if you would like to cook, my kitchens are always open to you." He told her and she looked up at him hopefully.
"Really?" She asked and he smiled, nodding.
"Of course."

He left without saying anymore. As he sat in the baths he thought about how she had been so excited to be able to cook. He had never met a woman who took such pleasure in such menial tasks. Most of the women who had pursued him had wanted to play him music, or weave him clothes, but she just wanted to cook and eat and he thought there was something pure in that.

The waters of the baths worked to soothe his energy. He had never been so glad to be restored before. He knew that if he had continued to deplete because of his love for Jiuer, he would have distanced himself from her and watching her from afar was more painful than not seeing her at all.

Si Ming was confused when he found Mo Yuan sat in the palace quarters. He sipped on his tea, waiting for Dong Hua.
"He is currently in the baths. I am sure he will be back soon." He informed him and he nodded.
"Would you indulge me in a game?" He asked and Si Ming was never one to offend a higher ranking god. He was too smart for that.
"I just have to go and collect Bai Fengjiu, I promised I would drink tea with her. I am sure she would also like to play." Mo Yuan nodded, willing to wait.